Times have changed

The fashion show was a success luckily. Mari just wanted to get home and change into an oversized t-shirt. She knocked on the door and saw Alya.

"How did it go?" She asked.

"It went great actually." She smiled.

"Did you see Adrien?" She asked.

You're as nosy as ever. Mari thought to herself.

"Yes, and I'd rather not talk about it." She sighed.

"Did something happen between you two?" She continued asking.

"That's the problem, nothing did happen.." Mari said as she went into her room.

"Oh girl, once you love a guy that much you can't forget about him no matter how hard you try to ignore him." She reassured while entering the room with Mari.

"I don't wanna love him. He told me he was in love with Marinette." She said.

"Mari that's great!"

"No it's not!" She said.

"It's not?"

"Don't you get it Alya! He's in love with the old me. I don't even know who I am anymore." She said falling on to her bed.

"Look I know it's tough and all, but give yourself time. You got here yesterday. By the time two or three weeks have gone by..I'm sure that you'll be able to figure it out." Alya said while rubbing Mari's back.

"What about ladybug Alya? Suspicions would surely grow if she appeared the moment I arrived?" Mari sighed.

"Like I said, give it time. You'll figure it out. I know it." Alya smiled.

"Thanks Alya you're the best." Mari grinned.

"I know. Oh and by the way Ms. Berlira said that your motorcycle might arrive in a few days." She smirked.

Mari's eyes beamed. Her motorcycle was like her child. She'd  rather ride motorcycles than cars for many reasons. She felt free when she rode a motorcycle. It was a feeling she use to have all the time, but now that ladybug hasn't appeared that much. That feeling was rare to have.

She obviously had it shipped to France early, so by the time she'd get to Paris it'd only be a few days before she could have her child back.

Mari thought she might take a breather and left the apartment telling Alya she was going for a walk.

"Marinette you've been out and about lately." Tikki whispered.

"Yea, I just need to get used go being back home." She smiled as she entered the elevator.

Mari pressed the button for the roof.

"I thought you were going for a walk." Tikki shook let head.

"You actually believed that?" Mari smirked.

----------------------------------------

Mari had gotten to the roof. The wind blew against her hair.

She looked directly to the Eiffel Tower. The feeling of looming above her city was something she longed for.

She got up and sat on the ledge. She crossed her legs and looked at the stars.

She wished she could reach them one day. Although it was highly impossible.

"Marinette, you shouldn't be sitting on the edge." Tikki warned.

"It's fine I've never been afraid of heights." She stated smiling at Tikki.

Tikki was the only person Mari allowed to call her Marinette. She felt that if she was ever in a dark place, that Tikki would remind her of who she was back then and deep down.

"Alright I'm gonna sleep in your purse since I'm a bit tired." She squeaked.

"Yea, you should rest. It's been rough these past two days." Mari sighed.

"Looks who's talking.." Tikki groaned.

"Jeez, just sleep."

"Fine, call me if needed." Tikki yawned.

"I know." She breathed.

Mari saw Tikki asleep and then rested her purse on the roof making it more comfortable for Tikki.

I wonder how Chats doing. Is he still protecting Paris? Most likely. Mari smiled thinking about that silly kitty.

In the distance she could see the billboard with her photo. The photo was completely black and white well except for her eyes.

The editors loved her blue eyes and decided to make that stand out the most. Although in her opinion the earrings she was wearing should've stood out instead since it was an ad for their jewelry collection.

She closed her eyes and remembered. All the great times she had in France. Hopefully she'd have some more from now on.

"It's dangerous for such a lovely lady to sit on the edge of a building~" she heard a soothing voice say.

She smirked knowing exactly who it was.

She turned around.

"I'm not afraid of falling."

He looked wide eyed. He thought about how brave she was just then.

"So it seems that the so called hero of Paris has graced me with his presence. What an honor." She smirked.

Teasing him like that is something she highly missed.

"Well honestly you reminded me of someone from my past, but on closer inspection you seem to actually look like a certain billboard ad." He smirked pointing at the billboard.

"You seem to like talking to strangers." She snapped.

"Look who's talking, plus you don't feel like a stranger." He said.

"You never really know, now do you."

-----------------------------------------
I'm getting so pumped about this story! I'll probably update a lot more soon. So this is Chat's and Mari's first encounter. And no he does not know about Mari being Marinette or ladybug. Well as always love you all. Stay tuned bye <3