Chapter 19 - Belief

Aria's POV

I landed with a thud on the floor.

"Let's duel!" They both said in unison.

"I'll let you go first." Chaz sneered. "Not like it'll make a difference. You're still gonna lose."

"How kind of you. Now let's see." He scanned his hand. "Looks like I have luck on my side. I summon elemental hero sparkman!"

Sparks erupted from the floor and a guy in blue and yellow armour appeared.

So these are his special cards. Hmf. Not too bad. I know he played them against Ray, but I wasn't paying much attention to their design considering the circumstances.

As they fought, things got progressively worse, for Jaden. Turns out Chaz had a new card, a field spell that destroyed any and all elemental heroes that were summoned to the field. It was clear Jaden was gonna lose. Currently Chaz had a dragon on his side, Jaden just had Kira the death cat. It was no match for the dragon that stood before it.

"Now my dragon! Kill his cat with no mercy!"

The dragon blasted a beam at the cat destroying it. The blast forced Jaden back, almost making him fall off the platform. All the previous attacks had been like this. Chaz would attack, Jaden would lose more life points and fly backwards. He was already in terrible shape, and I could tell the bruises I caused were adding to the pain. He could barley stand without his face screwing up in pain.

"Just a give up loser. Without your heroes you're done. You can barley stand or move your arm without shaking with pain." Chaz cackled. "Or do you wanna end up in hospital again!?"

Again? This isn't the first time Jaden's gotten badly hurt? He knows how badly injured he is and still duelled? He's a complete idiot.

"Jaden, just throw it in. It's just until the end of the month, and watching you like this is pitiful." I spat. "I told you I could have handled him myself."

"No way. I wasn't gonna let you duel him." He replied, short of breathe.

"Why?"

"Enough yapping you two. Jaden keep fighting." Chaz butted.

"In that case...I'm placing down a face down and ending my turn."

"I see you've finally given up, Jaden. How satisfying it is to see you crawl."

Why is he doing this?

"Now my dragon! Attack again!"

The dragon went to throw another blast when Jaden activated his trap.

"This trap let's me cut your attack to 10% of its original attack."

"That's still 200 points you loser."

And once again Jaden's life points fell. Now it was just on 500. He was forced back again, but this time he couldn't stand up. He was left on his knees breathing heavily.

"Jaden! Just forfeit! You're gonna lose so stop being all childish about it and accept it!"

"I CAN'T JUST GIVE UP LIKE THAT!" He yelled. "I can't...just let you be put...into being his slave! Even if just for this month! He could make you do all sorts a stuff that will only hurt you more. He could make you leave the island! And I won't let him!"