sixteen - i would wait for you

Cora ran down the halls of Google HQ, passing through the offices and all she saw whilst running was a blur of basic colours. She thought she would get judged for running through there, but everyone acted like it was completely normal. Google wasn't the most ordinary work space, they probably got people riding scooters down the halls let alone running.

Stuart can't have gone far in the two minute head start he had, but Cora couldn't see him anywhere. She kept going, and going, and going but she still didn't see him. She was trying to look for someone she knew so she could ask them if they'd seen him. If I was Stuart, where would I go? That was a question that had a lot of thinking to do in order to get the answer.

He could be anywhere on campus by now, but Cora wasn't giving up. She went and looked in every office and even asked a few people. She wasn't giving up, it was just what Neha had said which made her want to go after him. She even went to the quiet zone with the nap pods and he wasn't there either.

She checked his room, well she couldn't get in so she tried looking through the peep hole when her knock wasn't answered. She sighed, feeling defeated. She slid down the door and sat on the floor with her head in her hands. He had to turn up sooner or later.

She just wanted to talk to him, wanted to let him know that he did nothing wrong. It wasn't even a big deal but she wanted to talk to him now, her mind was set on it. She left her phone in the office along with her other stuff so she couldn't call him or anything. Am I acting too eager? I just wanna talk to him she thought as she sat there.

The hallway was quiet, everyone must have gone out for dinner or something because it was the evening. Cora could tell by the window at the end of the hall, it was slowly getting darker out. She was glad there was no one there because she probably looked like a freak sat outside a room door that wasn't even hers. Maybe I could just break in? No... Too far.

She sat there, for at least an hour. Just thinking about what she would say when Stuart finally decided to show up. She didn't even think that Stuart liked her, but what if what Neha had said was true? Cora needed to pay more attention to how Stuart acted around her.

She paced around for a while, just talking to herself, ranting to herself. She felt like a complete idiot for doing this, but she just felt like she had to. It was something about the way Stuart looked. He looked genuinely guilty, which mustn't have been a feeling he'd felt before, it was probably all foreign to him. All new.

It was getting really late now, interns were returning to their rooms to probably go to sleep. After some sort of rush in the corridors and a few judgemental looks, it went quiet again; leaving Cora to rest her head on the side of the door and close her eyes for a moment. She wouldn't let herself sleep though, she had to stay awake.

She then felt a presence beside her, someone had sat down next to her. She didn't open her eyes though, and they made no effort to talk. After a few moments of hearing the mystery person breathe and sigh, she knew it was Stuart who had sat down.

"Where did you go?" Cora mumbled, still not opening her eyes.

Stuart turned to face her a little more, he didn't have his beanie on before but now it was placed on top of his head, letting his dark hair poke out of the top like always. He wore a sad and fed up expression, one of his legs was stretched out and the other was tucked up into his chest.

"Somewhere that's not here." Stuart stated, leaning back further against the wall next to the door.

Cora opened her eyes and turned to look at Stuart, seeing how fed up he looked. She smiled sympathetically at him.

"Why?" She asked, knitting her eyebrows together.

"It just all got a bit much, you know?" Stuart started. "Like I just felt really guilty for some reason, I don't even know why, it wasn't even that bad. At that moment it's like all the stress just hit me at once and I just had to get away for a bit."