nineteen - the final challenge

"Ladies and gentlemen, it has been an impressive summer. One final challenge remains; sales. Over a million companies advertise with Google, find one that doesn't. Convince them. The bigger the sale, the more chance you have at taking this competition. The winner will be announced at our final meeting this afternoon, good luck, happy hunting!" Chetty informed the interns about a challenge for the final time, on the stage with his microphone.

Team Lyle looked at each other excitedly, and they knew they could nail this one. Nick was there, but still no sign of Billy. Nick looked at the empty chair next to him sadly, as sales was something he and Billy specialised in. They'd have to do this one without him.

They all made their way into their office to start planning on where they were going to go and make a sale.

"Sales, son! Man those other bitches are going down!" Neha said excitedly whilst giving Yo-Yo a high five and leading the rest of the group to the office.

Cora still wasn't on good terms with Neha, she had to accept the fact that she was pretty drunk and she probably didn't know what she was doing. Cora was reasonable enough to not get super mad about it, but she just hid her feelings instead of expressing them. Plus, it wasn't like Stuart was her boyfriend or anything, she just felt led on by him because they'd kissed before. She decided she was just going to have to forget about it for now, her, Neha and Stuart hating each other wouldn't do the team any good.

"Wait, where's Billy?" Neha finally realised, her and the others apart from Nick didn't know that he left and just thought that he and Billy didn't feel like going to the party the previous night.

"He left." Nick said bluntly, walking past the others who stopped in their tracks in the middle of the office and he went to lean against a table.

"What?" Lyle asked, just to make sure Nick was being serious.

"You heard him, he thought he was holding us back, he didn't wanna talk about it that's for sure." Nick sighed, sitting on a chair instead of leaning on the table.

"Wait, well we gotta get him back." Neha said, glancing around at the others.

"She's right, we're all a team that's what you guys taught us." Yo-Yo pointed out, agreeing with what Neha said.

"I mean, it might of been buried by a mountain of obscure eighties references and just, you know, a ton of other super inappropriate bullshit that I guess was intended as life lessons? But you guys taught us how to come together, you taught us that." Stuart told him, using his descriptive ways of speaking as always.

"Billy is a real leader and I don't think we can do this without him, Nick." Cora added, smiling sadly at him.

"The problem is; when he makes up his mind on something old Billy has a tendency to really dig in," Nick told them all, obviously knowing his best friend very well. "We're gonna have to get ready to do this one without him."

"Yeah but Nick, we wouldn't want to, right guys?" Lyle said, looking to everyone else for approval, and to no ones surprise they all nodded.

After some discussing for about twenty minutes, the team knew where to go. A family run pizza joint called "Rocky Mountain Pizza" they were just about to set off.

"Okay, let's go then." Lyle announced as he clapped his hands together.

"You guys go ahead, I'm gonna find Billy and have a talk with him I'll meet you there." Nick said, he looked deep in thought.

"Oh okay, see you in a bit Nick." Neha smiled, standing up from where she was sitting and walking out the door, everyone shortly followed with all the information they needed on their laptops.