seventeen - totally responsible

A week with no challenges had passed, and also a week where Stuart and Cora constantly hung out. They almost forgot about that kiss, they still thought about it but neither of them wanted to bring it up in worry that it would be too awkward. They just acted like nothing had happened at all.

One day they had a Harry Potter marathon because Stuart still hadn't seen them, then it was Star Wars because Cora still hadn't seen them. Then they just watched a bunch of movies including The Breakfast Club and even some Disney movies like Big Hero 6, which Cora cried at.

It was just like they'd been best friends for their whole lives and they kissed to just get Stuart's first kiss out of the way. But the truth was, both of them wanted more. They wanted to kiss again and just be together in a relationship but neither of them thought the other felt the same.

Stuart thought that the kiss was just Cora being nice and to help get it out of the way, plus she was so tired she was acting slightly overconfident and drunk. They both felt something though, but after that night outside of Stuart's door neither of them went any further. Cora didn't mention the kiss to anyone, especially to Neha because knowing her she would freak out.

It was a sunny afternoon at the googleplex and all the interns had a lot of free time on their hands before the final challenge. The summer was coming to a close, and everyone hated to bring it up; but what was it going to be like afterwards? Would they just forget each other and it would all have been a summer friendship? That's if they don't win of course.

Team Lyle, minus Billy and Nick, were sat in the office, relaxing and hanging out whilst they had the time. Although this team was put together from a group of leftovers, they sure ended up as the best of friends and they all couldn't be more grateful that they had each other. They actually had a shot but it had been ruined by Billy, apparently he went somewhere and Nick was trying to find him.

"Remember the quidditch game? Oh god that feels like it was just yesterday." Neha laughed, the team were trying to lift their spirits after a miserable loss, reflecting on their best moments over the summer.

"Yeah just yesterday when you threw the ball at my face." Stuart laughed, whining sarcastically.

"It's not her fault you were glued to your phone!" Cora pointed out whilst snickering. All of them decided to sit on the floor in a circle and not on the chairs, a strange decision but they did it anyway.

"I can't believe Graham cheated, I'm still so mad about that. Team Lyle had it in the bag, son!" Lyle sing-songed as always.

"Well believe it because Graham is an asshole," Yo-Yo added, and everyone widened their eyes. "What?"

"Yo-Yo! What would your mother do if she heard you saying that?" Cora smirked, knowing that Yo-Yo was finally letting go and not being such a mommy's boy.

"She would murder me, oh my god she'd murder me." Yo-Yo widened his eyes in realisation.

"No, Yo-Yo. This is great." Stuart argued, sitting up more from is slouched position.

"What are you saying?" Yo-Yo had never looked so confused, well maybe he had, but that's not the point.

"We're saying that you're finally sticking up for yourself, dude. Maybe calling Graham an asshole is the first step of the way and damn it's the step in the right direction." Neha added, quoting something that Nick once said on the eventful night of the party.

Yo-Yo didn't say anything, he just smiled the widest he had ever smiled and he looked proud of himself.

"Good job, Yo-Yo my man!" Lyle patted him on the back from next to him, and everyone was laughing.