six - quidditch bitch

The next challenge was about to begin, and it had nothing to do with computers at all. It was sports, quidditch from the famous Harry Potter series. All of the interns wondered why they were doing sports to win a job at Google, but they went with it anyway, assuming it has something to do with their teamwork skills.

Team Lyle were all in mismatched clothes, whereas Graham's team, who they were up against, all had matching outfits on. Team Lyle would be representing hufflepuff, which suited them quite well as a team.

"What does this have to do with anything?" Nick asked no one in particular, they hadn't gone onto the field yet and they were waiting behind to go on. He looked at his red broomstick with confusion, and then shrugged.

"I have no clue." Cora shrugged also, then she put her broomstick on the floor so she could tighten her ponytail that she was wearing. She hated wearing her hair up, but it always got in her face, especially when running around playing sports. It wasn't a problem she faced often, but when it came to it, she hated it.

Stuart thought otherwise, he thought that Cora looked pretty with her hair up, and he could see her whole face when she wore it like that. He didn't know why the thought crossed his mind, he almost slapped himself for thinking that. He couldn't like Cora, not at all.

"Guys it's teamwork, and team Lyle is gonna kill it out there! We're gonna crash this party!" Lyle tried to lift the teams spirits, but everyone just gave him a weird look or glare. "Okay, it's still in beta."

"Stuart, how can you still be wearing your beanie? I don't think I've ever seen you without it." Neha said as she put a blue sweatband on her head, she was getting really competitive. Cora remembered that he actually had taken it off before, after the last challenge, and she wanted to touch his hair. She again told herself off in her mind for thinking about that. Why do I even care enough to remember? I hate Stuart. Cora thought.

"I don't go anywhere without my beanie, I will wear it if I please." Stuart rolled his eyes, a thing he definitely tended to do a lot. It just comes with the sarcasm, it's like the cherry on top.

"Well okay then." Neha laughed.

"I don't understand this game." Yo-Yo had never looked so confused.

"Yo-Yo, you wing it. That's how I get through life." Billy informed him, although the advise wasn't all that great.

"Okay guys we're about to go on the field now. Team Lyle!" Lyle yelled, no one responded apart from a small cheer from Neha.

Then Lyle lead the whole team out onto the pitch and they all ran on with their broomsticks in their hands. There were three hoops at each end and three balls in the middle, and that's where the teams met and Sid was there as the referee. Cora didn't hear anything he was saying, she was too concentrated on giving Graham a glare who was stood opposite her. They then went into a circle in their teams for a pre-game prep talk.

"Okay, rules. The beaters toss the bludgers at the chasers before they can get the quaffle through the three rings. No imperious curses. In the unlikely event of a dementor attack, use a potronus charm. I recommend the stag but that's just a personal decision-" Lyle started rambling about how to play the game, but of course they weren't actually going to be flying on their brooms and they didn't have magic wands.

"Lyle, Lyle!" Neha started, cutting him off. "These beautiful idiots have no idea what you're talking about, use your muggle words, come on." She gestured to Billy, Nick, Stuart and Yo-Yo who had the funniest looks of confusion on their faces.

"Come on Lyle you're making me feel like I'm back in math class. Just say game on and let us play!" Nick told him, he already looked out of breath just from running on to the field.