fourteen - study up

"Only two challenges remain, after which only a handful of you will be offered a full time employment." Chetty spoke from on the stage, all of the interns were sat in the audience area listening carefully. "Now, the next challenge is manning the google helpline. This is one of the most difficult jobs we have, combining both costumer relation and product fluency. You, will be judged on both."

Cora hated speaking to people on the phone, but she guessed she just would have to get it together and not let her team down.

"This, is a very tight race. I suggest you study up." Chetty finished, making sure everyone heard the last part.

So study up is what team Lyle would do, they all went to the office and grabbed a computer and started quizzing themselves with general google questions to see if they knew the answers.

"Alright, let's drill it and kill it. Authorisation failure with google drive, Neha." Lyle walked over to Neha, rolling some sort of play-doh in his hands.

"Permission has probably changed, request document access." Neha said as if it was the most easy thing she'd have to do.

"Bam! Chrome connectivity issue, Cora?" Lyle cheered and then walked over to Cora who was sat next to Neha.

"Try turning your internet on and off again?" Cora said, sounding unsure.

"Not quite the answer I was looking for but it would work, keep going!" Lyle encouraged. Cora sighed, she was never going to get this.

"I can't do it." Cora sighed, resting her head on the desk in pure annoyance. It was something about being put on the spot that she hated, she knew all the answers but when put under pressure everything just completely disappeared from her mind and it made her feel like an idiot.

"Stop saying can't, you can. Just breathe, you can do it." Neha encouraged, rubbing Cora's back.

"Thanks Neha." Cora smiled, lifting her head up and tucking her hair behind her ear.

"No problem, just keep trying." Neha returned a smile and continued to quiz herself.

"Billy, I'm locked out of my google wallet account." Lyle asked Billy as he made his next stop around all of the team.

"Is that under gmail or wallet help?" Billy asked in return, he clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing.

"Uhh I don't know sir that's kind of what I called you for." Lyle replied imitating a callers voice and pretending to be on the phone.

"Okay, here's the deal." Billy started, turning around in his chair. "I'm pretty terrific on the phone, I could sell a prosciutto to a rabbi... and I have."

"Except you're not here to sell anything." Yo-Yo pointed out, he was discussing something with Stuart. Everyone was getting pretty annoyed at Billy, he just wouldn't understand. Nick on the other hand, was actually getting it and the team were proud.

"Yeah Billy, you're not gonna be able to bullshit your way through this one I mean the only way to get through this challenge is to study. You just gotta do it man." Stuart didn't joke around anymore, the competition was getting really serious and no one really had any time for jokes. The side of him, the side with common sense and responsibility needed to come through on Stuart and it did.

"Yeah of course. Study up is what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna study up." Billy motivated himself, everyone sighed in relief. They sighed too soon.

Lyle patted Billy on the shoulder and started to walk away, but much to everyone's misery; Billy started talking again.