epilouge

Senior year of university had come to an end for everyone, therefore team Lyle were about to start their real jobs at Google. It was the night before the first day of work, and Cora was hastily packing all of her stuff into her suitcases from her small room at Stanford. She was taking the short journey to Google today so she had time to get settled into the permanent apartment on the Google campus, which she would share with her boyfriend, Stuart.

She didn't see the point in making herself at home that much in her small room, as she was only there to finish up her university career, so the whole place still remained pretty plain.

Her graduation was the day before, and she smiled at the memory as she packed a picture frame with a picture of last summer at the internship, one of the few things she decorated her room with. It was that one of her and Stuart, where they took that mirror picture that day where they hung out together. It was one of her favourite days to remember, although Graham was there at one point.

She remembered sitting under the golden sun, next to that tree whilst she looked into his golden eyes. She asked about him, and his odd reaction to the nickname "four eyes". She also told him about pushing a childhood boyfriend out of a treehouse, after Stuart begged her to tell him something spontaneous she'd done. From that day forward, Cora had promised herself to be more spontaneous, and it was Stuart who pushed her to do so.

In the midst of her packing, her memory was cut short as her phone started to ring from her now empty desk, playing the classic old phone ringtone. She didn't feel the need to set one of her favourite songs as it, because she knew she would never answer the phone, instead she would just sing along.

She picked up her phone from the desk where masses of work for her computer science course once was. She walked away from her almost-overfull suitcase which was on her stripped bed and picked up the phone to see that Neha was calling her, the 'horny', curly haired, crazily dressed best friend that Cora was glad she found. She smiled to herself before sliding across the screen to answer, and then held the phone to her ear.

"Hey Neha, long time no speak." Cora greeted her friend, sarcastically as Neha was constantly calling her throughout the year, telling Cora about the various 'cosplay' parties she had taken part in. It weirded Cora out a little, but she decided to leave it as she probably did things that Neha found weird too. Everyone has their weird sides.

"Oh shut up!" Neha whined, Cora imagined her throwing her head back and rolling her eyes. "Anyways, I'm super excited to see you later, and if you're not excited to see me then I would happily thump you."

"Rude, bitch," Cora put on fake disgust as she folded one of her many concert t-shirts. "And yes I am excited to see you."

"Good, otherwise I'd tell Stuart how mean you are and then he'd hate you." Neha laughed through the phone, and Cora could tell she was smiling from the other side. Of course she had to bring him into the conversation.

"You and I both know that you wouldn't. You ship it too much." Cora taunted, using Neha's own words against her.

The other end of the phone was quiet for a moment, and Cora assumed that Neha was trying to figure out what to say. Cora held in a laugh, holding her phone between her shoulder and her ear as she tried to force her large orange suitcase shut.

"I- that... Is completely true you are right," Neha gave in, and Cora laughed at her yet another time. "Oh my god, my high heel leather boots! I've been looking for them for so long!"

"Let me guess- star wars cosplay?" Cora smirked, knowing Neha all too well by now.

"And Cora is right again! Well done, you want a gold star?" Neha spoke in a way that was patronising, and Cora rolled her eyes for about the billionth time in her life. She swore she had been eye-rolling since the womb.