Chapter 4

"Dad?!" I say and we lock eyes. He runs at me and pulls me into a hug. I sit there not knowing what todo. He pulls away and looks at me. "My what a beautiful young woman you have turned out to be." He says and I look down. He sigh almost knowing what I was thinking. "Why do you care about me now?" I ask and fiddle with my fingers. "Baby girl I did but your mom didn't want you. I had no choice." He says and I glance up and look away. "Avery please come back. I still love you." He says to me an I instantly pull away. "I have a new life now." I say and look over to Ashton. My real dad looks over at Ashton and stands up. "Oh so your the man that took away my daughter." He says suddenly protective over me. He pushes Ashton and I jump up out of my bed. I flinch feeling the IV come out. "Stop." I say and push my real dad away from Ashton. "This man took you away from me!" He says and pushes me out of the way. I fall and watch as my real dad walks up to Ashton and punches him. I stand up with lightning speed and push him. "HOW DARE YOU!!! ASHTON SAVED ME!!! YOU LEFT ME, YOU COULD HAVE DITCHED MOM AND CAME BACK FOR ME!!!" I scream at him and grab Ashton's hand. I storm out of the room with Ashton behind me. I stop half way to the lobby and turn to face Ashton. "I'm sorry." I say and look at his nose. Ashton continues walking and I follow. "It's ok." He says and looks at me. "Ok you are not allowed to get hurt anymore." He says and walks up once again to the lobby counter. "Hi again. I just need to get my nose looked at." He says to the same lady. She sighs and tells us to wait in the waiting room. "Ashton Irwin" a nurse calls us after an few minutes. We stand up and follow the nurse into a room. She leaves and leaves us alone. "I'm really sorry." I say again and look over at him. "I said it's fine." He tells me again. I sigh and nod. A doctor comes in and says "hello I'm doctor Rodriguez. Now what happened." He says and looks up at us. Yes a normal doctor! I think and smile to myself. "Um a doctor here punched me." Ashton says and rubs his neck. The doctor looks surprised (I mean it's not everyday you hear someone say "yeah I just got punch by someone you work with.") "yeah he is her biological dad and I am her adoptive dad. He got upset that I adopted her and punched me." Ashton says as if it happened everyday. I smile at him and roll my eyes. The doctor looks at his nose and says "not broken or anything you just have to let it heal on its own." We nod and walk out. He opens the car door for me and I get in. After a few minutes driving Ashton turns to me. "Don't lie to. But do you want to go back to your real dad? I mean we can still keep in contact and talk and stuff but I was just wondering if you lied because I was th..." He stops mid sentence after seeing my look. "No Ashton. He had his chance and he gave me up." I say and shrug my shoulders. He nods and focuses on the road again.

Later

"Eat." Ashton tells me plainly setting an already peeled orange in front of me. "Ashto..." I am cut off by him saying "no you past out because of blood loss and lack of nutritions. Now eat." He points at the orange an I sigh. I angrily grab and orange slice and pop it in my mouth. "There done." I say and stand up. "No your not." Ashton says back and pushes me back down into my seat. "You are going to stay here until you finish that orange. And I'm going to sit here the whole time." He tells me and sits next to me. I put another one in my mouth and chew it. "Now the doctor from the first hospital gave me this chart." He say pulling out a piece of paper. "This week you will eat oranges for breakfast and dinner. And then I will tell you what you are doing next week ok? Please I need you to get better." He pleads me. I sigh and contemplate it. I nod and he smiles. "Oh and we hid all sharpe things including your blade and shaving razor. You have to ask for it when you take a shower and give it back the second you are done." He says and I nod. I finish off the orange and stand up. Ashton follows me and I sit on the couch.

Sorry for the sucky chapter but there you go.