Chapter 13

Averys pov

I wake up screaming from a dream. I take in my surroundings. I can only see darkness, darkness, and more darkness. I see an outline of someone in front of me. "Michael?" I whisper. I hear him groan and look up. "Avery? Avery! Oh my god are you ok? Are you hurt?" He asks me worriedly. "I'm fine Michael. Are you ok?" I ask him back. "Yeah I'm fine." He tells me and I sigh. The light suddenly flicker on blinding me. I blink and let my eyes adjust. "Well look at that. If it isn't the 2 love birds." Blake says. "Just let us go Blake." I tell him and hold his gaze. "No I think I want to have a little bit of fun first." He tells us with a smirk. I shiver and look over at Michael. "Michael I didn't know you were here!" Blake says with fake surprise. Blake walks over to me and sets his hand on my shoulder. "Don't touch her." Michael growls at him. Blake shrugs and removes his hand. "I won't but you will." He says pulling out a knife and cutting off his ropes. Michael stands up rubbing his wrist. Michael swiftly makes a move to hurt him. Blake steps back and say "I know you know that I am stronger then you anyway so don't even try." Blake steps back up to him an shoves him. Michael falls to the concert floor. I scream and struggle against the ropes. "You will do as I say or you will get whipped." Blake tells him sounding board. He pulls out a whip and smacks against the floor just to scare us. "Unless I am untying those ropes, hugging her, or kissing her I will not touch her." Michael hisses and spits at his feet. "I want you to draw on her with this." He says and holds out a knife to him. Michael shakily takes it from him and walks over to me. I calm a little knowing that Michael won't get hurt. Michael going to hurt you. I think to myself but instantly shake the thought from my head. "Sorry for hurting you."Michael whispers to me and kneels down. He gently grabs my arm and draws something on my arm. I am in pain but I trust Michael. He stand up and smiles at me. I look down at my arm and smile at seeing a heart with an arrow there. "Good. Hold him!" Blake yells and a guy comes running up out of no where and grabs Michael arms. I scream at Blake begging him to stop. "Enough from you." He says and pulls out a cloth from his pocket. He gags me and turns to smirk at Michael. Blake kneels down and cuts my shirt enough to show my stomach. He places the knife and pushes it in enough to draw blood. I squirm but he holds me still easily. He drags his knife all along my stomach making letters. I hear my muffled screams begging that something will happen. He finishes the word then stands up smiling. "Look down sweetheart." He tells me. I shake my head and try to ignore the sharp stinging from the cuts. He grabs my head and make me look at my own stomach. I read the word carved into me. Slut. I let my tears fall as watch from blurry eyes as Blake whips Michael and Michael passes out from the pain. Blake turns to me and whips my stomach. I hear a door swing open and many yells of men.

I wake up gasping. "Let us go." I beg waiting for the whip to hit me again. "Avery! You're awake!" I hear Ashton say to me excited. I am confused and look around. I notice that I am once again in a hospital. "W...what happened?" I ask Ashton and he tells me. I nod once he finishes then sighs. "Avery there is also something else." He now wears a frown and I instantly become scared. "They are taking you away. They were going to take you back to an orphanage but someone else has already adopted you." He tells me and breaks into tears. I sit there shocked. "What did I do wrong?" He asks me suddenly. I blink multiple times and say "n...nothing." I let a few tears fall and hug Ashton. "When? When am I out of your care? When am I'm leaving?" I ask him not wanting to leave. "I'm not your parents anymore Avery. They are signing you out of here. You're going home with them." He tells me and I pull my knees up to my chest.

2 years later

My adoptive parents have had me for 2 years now. I'm not allowed outside and they took away my phone and computer. I don't go to school so I have no friends. They never call me by my name they always say "girl" or "you". The only way I remember my name is from a faded memory of Ashton calling me. 5sos I wonder how they are? I still love Michael but he has probably already moved on along with Ashton and the others. We had moved to Ireland after I got adopted by my parents now. "Girl!" I hear my name being called from my mom. I leave my room for the few time I get to and walk downstairs. I stop after the last step and say "yes ma'am?" I am not allowed to talk other then saying yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, and no sir. "We are dying your hair again. I nod and follow my mom out of the house. This is the only time I get to leave. Is when they change my hair color. I have no say in the matter and have to do as they say. We go into the small town and get my hair dyed blue. I look around and notice the TV.
I watch it for a few seconds and stifle a gasp when 5sos show up. I turn to the lady doing my hair. "Who are they?" I ask her and point to the screen. "Oh they are 5 seconds of summer." She tells me and I turn back. I look at all of their pixilated faces and notice how Ashton isn't his happy self. "Why does the long blond haired one seem upset?" I ask her again. "That's Ashton. So 2 years ago his adoptive daughter got taken away from him because of abuse that he never did and now they found out that he never abuse her and he can take her back if she wants but they don't know where she moved to." She tells me and shrugs her shoulders. I nod and stay silent. "Alright I'm finished." She tells me and I look at the mirror in front of me. "Thank you oh and when my mom goes and payed can you tell her you need a word with me privately and bring to a back room. I'll tell explain then." I tell her and she nods. I make myself seem gloom and walk up to my mom. She nods as goes up to pay. "Ok that will be $10 and I would like to have a word privately with your daughter." The lady tells my mom and my mom glares at me. She stiffly nods an I walk forward. The lady leads to the back and into a storage room. "Ok what's wrong?" The lady asks me nicely. I bite my lip and say "it may seem crazy but I'm Ashton's old adoptive daughter. " the lady's mouth drop open in shock. "Do you have a Twitter?" I asks and she nods. "Can I use it please?" I ask her again and she hands me her phone. I tap on Twitter and log out of her account. I remember my account and log in. I go to my DMs and see many DMs from each of the boys. I tap on Ashton and type fast. Ashton it's Avery please come get me. They abuse me for real this time. I have blue hair and live at *address*. I press send and get a reply instantly I'm coming Avery. I smile as go to Michaels I love you. I log out of my account and hand the girl back her phone. We walk back out and I act sad again. My mom payed and we make our way back home. "Go to your room." She tells me the second we get back. I nod and fake gloomily make my way upstairs but inside I am bursting with happiness.