Chapter 1

Fat. Ugly. Loner. Unloved.
These are the words I am called everyday by the other kids around me. Each word engraving itself into my brain bit by bit.

I look at myself in the mirror. I notice the way my stomach pops out from my pants. I notice the way that I wear a sweater every day to hide my Weight and cuts.

I pull on my black sweater and flip the hoodie up. I open the door and walk down stairs to the cafeteria. I grab a tray of cereal and milk and take a seat by myself in the corner as usual. I look around at the girls I have grown up with. Each one of them bulling me or teasing me at some point.

I point my head down as Mia the meanest girl here walks up to me. "hi Avery. Didn't you wear that jacket yesterday and the day before and all last week too? I guess that is what happens when your parents never loved you. Right?" she says and gives me a fake smile. I don't answer and she says "well answer me you slut." she slaps me and I bite my cheek. "yes." I mutter and hear her witch sound like laugh. She then walks away in her stiletto shoes and stylish clothes.

Yeah I'm Avery. I'm 16 years old. Only 2 more years and I can leave this place.

When I was 2 my parents dropped me off at at this orphanage and left me. Everyone teases me because I am the only one here that was put here because my parents didn't love me. Their parents died somehow.

I pull out my iPod and ear buds and turn on 5sos. Broken home comes on just as I reach my room. I skip past that one and lay on my bed. I hear the announcements come on and I pause my music. "all 15 year olds and older please make your way down to the lobby in 5 minutes." They always give us 5 minutes to get ready. Such as clothes and makeup. But I don't bother. I play my music and go down to the lobby. I sit against the wall and close my eyes listening to 5sos. I know that the people who are here to adopt are already here. When the last song finishes, good girls, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I open my eyes and see the one and only Ashton Irwin. I rip my ear buds out and stand up. "y...youre a...ashton." I stutter and he nods smiling. Mia shoves me to the floor and stands there in front of Ashton instead. She twirls her hair and smiles up at him. He ignores her and rushes over to me. He helps me up an makes sure that I am ok. Mia scoffs and walks away. I tell Ashton about myself and watch as he smiles and walks away.

next day

I look at myself in the mirror. Mia, same mean girl but my roommate, walks in. She glances at me and says "you're such a fat ass." She then walks into the bathroom and closes the door. No more I think to myself. Mrs. Chandler the one who takes care of us then walks in. I pull on my shirt and look at her. "Is Mia here I need to tell her something." I sigh and point to the bathroom. I sigh and sit on my bed my dreams of living with Ashton gone. Mia walks out and smiles at us already hearing what happened. "Now Mia I want to tell you some good news." Mia smiles widely waiting to hear that she is leaving. "And the good news is that...