Chapter 6

I look around trying to find somewhere to hide. I spot a forest and make my way there. I dodge trees and jump over roots. I feel something buzz in my back pocket. I pull out my phone and see Ashton's name pop up. I decline the call and turn off everything that tracked my phone. Sorry that I was a problem I think and slide my phone back into my pocket.

Later that night

Boom. I sigh as I look up at the clouds. Rain starts falling and I shiver. I hug myself and keep walking. I spot a cleared out area ahead. I continue and see a home. I walk up to the door and knock. No one answers so I try the door knob. It surprisingly turns. I push the door open and step in. I close the door shut after me an shiver again. I look around and me eyes land on a boy about my age. "Glad to see you let yourself in." He said and smiles. "Sorry I didn't know anyone was living here. I'll go. I'm sorry again." I say and turn around. "No wait! It's ok really. My name is Blake by the way." He say and I look behind me. I nod and say "Thank you. I'm Avery by the way."He nods and hands me a heavy blanket. "Sit." He demands and points to the couch. I nod and shuffle over there. He disappears behind a door way a comes back with a hot bowl of ramen. He hands me the bowl and sits next to me. I smile and stare at the ramen. "Eat." He demands once again and I shake my head. "I'm have anorexia." I say and hang my head in shame. "Hey it's ok." He says and touches my shoulder. I smile at him and set the bowl down on the coffee table. "Now why are you out here in the forest all alone?" He says me and I frown. "Hey you can trust me." He tells me and I nod. "I was in the hospital and I heard I think it was my adoptive dad say when does this parenting thing end. So when they left I slipped out the window and ran. Now I'm here." I tell him and wipe a tear from my cheek. "Why don't you go to sleep an if you want we can call him in the morning ok?" He tells me and I nod. He shows me to the guest room. I thank him an lay down. "Oh here." He says opening the door again and rising me a shirt. I smile and change once he leaves. I lay down and fall asleep.

Ashton's pov

I walked back into her room and find her gone. I look around panicked. "GUYS SHES GONE!" I scream running back into the hallway. Everyone looks at me shocked. I pull out my phone and call Avery. It rings 3 times before she declines it. I break down and cry. "Yes she is missing." I hear Michael say. "24 HOURS!" He yells and I pull his phone away from him. "Look my daughter just disappeared and your not going to do anything about it for 24 hours. YEAH WELL FUCK YOU!!! SHE COULD BE AN INCH FROM DEATH AND YOUR NOT GOING TO FUCKING DO ANYTH..." I am cut off by Michael taking his phone back.

Averts pov

I open my eyes and look at the clock. 10:50. I jump out of bed and run out o the door. I run into the kitchen and blake was already there. "Good morning." He tells me. I sit down and I look around. "Here you go. You don't have to eat it just a little something so if you do feel like eating." He says and places a plate full of eggs, bacon, toast, and a orange. I thank him and eat the orange and toast. I contemplate it but finally grab a fork. I shovel some of the eggs on the fork and eat them. It was so good. I ended up finishing off the eggs. "Do you want to call your dad now or not?" Blake asks me and I nod. He pulls out his phone and hands it to me. I type in Ashton's number and press call. I put the phone up to my ear and gulp. Blake leaves the room and Ashton picks up. "Hello?" He says. He sounds so broken. "Ash." I say quietly. "Avery? AVERY!" He says. "OH MY GOD WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OK?" He yells at me and I laugh. "Ash I'm fine. I'm in a home in the forest." I tell him and I hear him sigh and on the other end.

So what did you guys think of Ashton's outburst? Tell me what you think is going to happen.