twenty one

"can i ask you something serious?" luke turns his head to the side so he his now facing his friend, calum instead of looking at the tv.

"sure, go for it," calum encourages, taking a few extra seconds before he focuses all of his attention towards the blonde.

luke takes in a sharp inhale, trying to find the right way to ask this, "if you really, really liked someone, would you be willing to risk anything to be with them?"

calum thinks to himself for a moment, not exactly sure whether he would be willing to do that since he never actually thought about it, "if i truly liked them enough, then i would like to think i would."

"wouldn't you be scared?" luke asks, raising his eyebrow.

"i guess, but i mean, who wouldn't be?" cal licked over his dry lips, "at least you'll have someone by your side if everything goes wrong."

luke uses his pointer runs his fingers over his few week old scruff on his chin. he has never been more torn in his entire lifetime. of course, he was trying to get some help on what to do about michael, but in a more indirectly kind of way. he still couldn't work up the nerve to tell calum about anything going on.

"so you're saying you would go for it? no matter what kind of outcome or problems would come along with it?"

"i think i just would," he responds confidently, "why are you asking?"

luke shrugs, biting on his lower lip, "no reason," he mumbles, directing his attention back to the tv.

calum is tempted to get a little more information out of luke, but he drops it. if only he knew what was going on in luke's head.

+ + +

this chapter is super short