chap. 6 (onion-head's daddy)

chap. 6 - onion-head's daddy

-----

We once again trespassed the marines' base and found ourselves in front of Zoro. I looked around to see if there are any guards patrolling near us. Huh? Why aren't there any guards here? It's like they don't care if anyone enters their base and do whatever they want. Nevertheless, I remained alert just in case something happens.

"Yo!" Luffy nonchalantly said to Zoro as he waved at him.

"It's you two again? I told you, I don't want to be a pirate!" Zoro said to us.

"I'm Luffy and this is Keira. If I loosen up the ropes, then you're going to join us, okay?" Luffy said, ignoring Zoro.

"I told you clearly that I have things I need to do. Besides, I'm not going to be a bad guy like a pirate."

"What's the difference? Besides, everyone already thinks that you're a bad guy."

"I don't care about what they say about me! I haven't done one thing that I regretted in the past, and it will be the same for the future! I won't become a pirate!"

Luffy looked at him for a while before saying, "I don't care! You are going to join me!"

Zoro protested but I said, "Tough luck, Zoro. When Luffy makes up his mind, there's no changing it. Trust me, I tried."

"Hey, I heard that you use a katana, is that right?" Luffy asked him.

"Yeah. That bastard kid took it. It's something that I treasure most other than my life," Zoro muttered.

Luffy's interest piqued at this. "Oh? Treasure, huh? It must be something great! Okay, I'm gonna go to where the bastard kid is and get your katana back." What's the catch, Luffy? There has to be a catch if he wants Zoro to join us. "But if you want me to return it to you, you'll have to join me!" And there it is.

"What?! That's dirty!" Zoro exclaimed. Luffy didn't reply for he was already running away from us to go look for the katanas. "Is he planning on sneaking into the base? What a fool."

I chuckled at him, "Don't underestimate him. While he may look stupid, he's actually pretty strong." I then took out the leftovers from before – something that I should've given to him a while ago -- and offered it to him. He looked at me with wide eyes as he nodded vigorously. I assisted him in eating the food so that he'll be able to eat everything. He gobbled up everything in seconds, which wasn't surprising, so I started loosening the ropes that was tied around his right arm.

After a few seconds of silence, Zoro asked, "So are you a pirate like him?"

"Yeah. I was actually also forced to join him so don't be so upset when he doesn't want to listen to your reasons," I told him as I looked at him in the corner of my eye.