chap. 8 (sixth sense)

chap 8 - sixth sense

-----

Our boat finally docked onto a port of a village. How strange. There aren't any people around.

"What's this? The village is empty?" Zoro voiced out my thoughts.

"The truth is, our 'Buggy Pirate Fleet' is here at the moment, raiding this village," one of them answered.

"We better meet that 'Buggy' guy, then. We might be able to hear some information about Luffy," I said to him as I stepped foot on the platform of the port.

"We better move quickly. Who knows what kind of trouble Luffy has already gotten himself into," I continued as we started walking through the village.

"Where do we start? It's not like something will appear out of nowhere to lead us to hi-"

"Get down!" I said to him as a cannon ball wrecked through numerous houses and buildings. There it goes again! How am I able to sense object that are being projected through the air? Wait, that must be it! It must be a sixth sense or something.

"What the hell was that?" Zoro said as he stood up to remove the fallen debris that surrounded us.

"I don't know. Let's try to head towards the direction it came from. How fast can you run?" I asked him as I fixed my bandana that fell off my forehead.

He raised a brow at me, "Fast enough. Why?"

I just smirked at him. "Let's see if you can keep up. Now, let's go see where that thing came from." I then ran as I heard Zoro shout protests of me being unfair. I laughed as I slowed a bit so that he wouldn't loose track of me. He has a horrible sense of direction so it's best not to leave him on his own, much to my dismay since I want to feel the rush of adrenalin when I'm running at my full speed.

I followed the trail of broken houses and stopped in front of a pub. I turned around to see if Zoro's there and, lo and behold, he is. Impressive. I should challenge him to a race someday or something.

"The trail ends here. Let's try to gather information here," I said to him as we entered the pub. Everything was a mess but nobody was in sight. It's either a party just finished or they left to do something. We then heard shouts from outside. We followed where it was coming from, only to see a sight that made me want to punch Luffy's face even more.

He's bound inside a cage with a canon directed towards him as a girl was fighting off a group of pirates, but luck wasn't on her side. She then gave up on fighting them as she grabbed the lighted fuse of the cannon in hopes that it would stop burning.

Without thinking, I ran towards the girl and slapped her hands away. She gasped in surprise because of my sudden appearance but I ignored it. I then cupped the end of the fuse and created a small ball of air to cut off the oxygen so that the fire would burn out. On the corner of my eye, I could see Zoro holding off the pirates that were charging at us so I continued with my work. The fuse then stopped burning so I let out a sigh of relief.