*6*

I've been crying my eyes out since yesterday night. Bee sees my red swollen eyes and questions me. I refuse to tell her anything but to drop the conversation. I see Bee shuffle nervously and I can see the concern in her countenance. I really do want to tell her what happened recently, but knowing her, Bee wouldn't take it so easily. Bee luckily drops the issue and I am left with my own thoughts. Art club starts today and I am worried. Worried that the other members of the club would judge me. I've been insecure about myself now. They judge me by my face and not how I act in the inside. They call me ugly, fat, tramp, and so so much more. It breaks me. I'm glad, though. I have 2 great friends that stick by me no matter what happens. What I do have to take care of is the leaked information about my adoption.

"What's up?" Zach popped up next to me.

"Nothing much," I reply trying to hide the distress in my voice. I smile friendly.

"How about you?"

"Nothing much either. Life is so boring." Zach answers.

I nod.

"What are you guys doing after school?" Bee asks us.

"No plans." returns Zach.

"I'm going to the Art club," I say. I'm actually feeling pretty proud of myself.

Both Bee and Zach look at me impressed.

"You draw?" they both say in unison. I nod and reply in a yes.

"Wow. I should see you draw someday." Zach says.

For some reason, my heart warms up. What is this feeling I'm getting? I only appear like this around Devon. Wait. It can't be. Am I in.......

Am I, Stacy Hinojosa in love with Zach?

Why do I like Zach? Out of all people? Why do I even bother with Zach? I know that I'm not good enough for him and that he won't ever like me back. What's the point? People already know who I really am. Stacy, Cube High's hooker. The useless adopted child. Etc. Someday, this will get to Zach and he will give up on me. He will give up on my trust and my friendship. Someday, he will become like one of them.

"Hey, can I borrow your notes from Reading class? I didn't really get what that lame documentary was talking about." Zach asks me, panting.

"Yea, sure." I dig in my locker for my reading binder. I finally find it and I grab the messy piece of paper filled with doodles and words. I hand it to him and he gladly excepts.

"Thank you so much," Zach says gratefully. "You're a great friend. People should see who really are on the inside. Other than judge how you look on the outside."

I close my locker with my math book in hand. I watch Zach rush away to his next class. I frown. So he thinks of me as a friend.

Bee was acting quite strangely. She was fine a few hours ago, but why was did she seem so jittery? Is it because of what I had done? But....what had I done?

"Whats up?" I ask casually, trying to get just something out of Bee.

Bee just shrugged. When the bell rang, Bee shuffled out of the door, leaving me behind.

I scratched my head. What was she hiding?

I caught up to Zach and questioned him about Bee's behavior. He told me nothing, but to not worry. I tell myself to listen to Zach and let it go. Yet I can't help but fret about Bee. She's my best friend. How can I not be troubled? And so, I just went. Thinking about nothing but what was going on.