18

"Did you hear?" I could hear the two girls next to me whisper.

"What?" asked the blonde girl. "Spill.."

"Bee and Zach broke up!"

I pry away from the conversation and confusion overcomes me. A breakup? One part of me wants to force myself to go back and listen to the conversation, but instead, I let the information sink in. The bell rings and I snap out of my deep thoughts. I perk up, gather my books and head out. Before I get towards the door, Mr.Smith calls out to me.

"Stacy? Can you stay back? I want to ask you something." I stop in my tracks and move out the way so the two girls who were gossiping can go.

"Teacher's pet." The redhead whispers to her friend, but loud enough so I can hear. I frown and neglect them. The blonde giggles.

When they leave, Mr.Smith walks towards me.

"What did you want me for?" I try not to sound rude, but I kinda want to be left alone today.

"You haven't been at the art meetings." Mr.Smith starts. "Is there something going on outside?" I've forgotten all about art club. I've been so associated with everything horrible in my life, I abandoned the activities I've signed up for.

"You see, I've heard about the incident-" I disrupt him.

"Forgive me for cutting you off," I say. He nods. "But I'm fine really. I was just thinking about coming to the meeting tomorrow."

The teacher nods again.

"Alright, Ms.Hinojosa. I'll see you on Wednesday." He gives me a late slip and I wave goodbye. I head to my next class.

'Hey,' I read the mysterious text.

'Who are you?' I reply

'Zach. I guess you don't have my number anymore.' I opened my mouth to realization.

'I deleted it a long time again.' I want him to feel bad, even though he's changed, I cannot verify the theory.

'I wanted to hang out tomorrow. After school.' He responded.

I was about to blindly accept when I remember the event tomorrow.

'Sorry.' I virtually apologize. 'Can't I have art meeting.'

'You draw?' I chuckle. 'Didn't know that.'

'GTG.' I reply. 'HW IS PILING ME.'

With that, our discussion ended. I'm kind of sad cancelling on Zach. He's just being nice. Maybe next time. I go back into focusing on my work and getting my mind off of Zach.