23

The rain poured as I ran home with my cold hands covering my head. So is this what I get for not wearing my hoodie? The rainfall is severe. The wind is strong and chilly and my clothes are heavily damp. But my mind isn't focused on where I'm supposed to go, it's somewhere up in the foggy mist. Bee's hurtful words flood my thoughts again. I feel myself stop in the middle of the street. I have no idea what had just happened, but I then keep on running.

"What's up with me?" I mutter to myself. "I'm so out of it."

Well, maybe it's because of what Bee said. No, that's not it. It must be something else. I told myself I wouldn't let anything get to me. I promised.

I sigh with relief after I've taken the hot shower. I go on MyPage. I really shouldn't, but I just can't help it.

Lovegurl6576- Ew, your so nasty.

Potatomasher232- Why do you even try?

HeyImBee- You should die.

Dancinggirl3221876- Um, why are you still here again?

I scroll down to the rest of the comments and I start to bite my nails nervously. I nibble on my lip to try to stop myself from sobbing.

"No no no no." I whisper. "I-I-I can't d-d-do i-it."

I rush into the kitchen.

"Wait," I say. "I need to do this."

"Stacy?" I ask. My voice echoes through the empty house. Anne is never home. Always at work.

"Stacy?" I yell again, louder. "Where is she?" Concern starts to bubble in my stomach. "Stacy?!"

I slowly climb her wood stairs and continue to call her. "Where is she?" I mummer.

I knock on Stacy's door. No one answers. I decide to open the door and see for myself. I stick my head in. "Stacy?" She isn't there.

I knock on the bathroom door.

"Stace?" I told her not to go out alone. I deliberately opened the door. I gasp.

Red. Blood. Red. Blood. I don't want to believe this, but it's real.

"STACY!!" My voice reverberations across the neighbourhood.

Her body. Her dead body.

"Non-ono," I say between choked sobs. "St-a-cy. D-on't. Wh-y? S-s-sta-cy."

I search around her body. The blood puddle. I find a knife on her hand and fling it across the bathroom. I bury my face into my blood stained hands.

"Please, Stacy..." I lament. I found something. A piece of paper. A letter?

I pick it up.

She hadn't left anything for me. All that was left of her was a letter.

Hey, guys, the situation was that I lost inspiration on the previous 23rd chapter. So, I'll just move on with the surprise. Yes, it wasn't the best one, but I will be writing a sequel (on a separate book). ;)