$0.11

After 18 minutes of watching him stare at his computer. He turned to look at us. 

"Well ladies. We have a situation on our hands. The people we see are obviously there but we need to clarify the guy behind the camera-" I interrupted.

"Yeah that's Jack. I know his voice that's him." I explained

"Yeah but he need a visual of his face maybe get a video of him confessing to you about what he did? Something like that could definitely build a stronger case. This case was closed the day it happened. But now its clear that there is way more to it than what we saw on the street. I will look into it. Open the case back up. Meanwhile, get me that video." I nodded and got up with Emily.

We walked out of the door as the security guard walked us out.

"How are you gonna get that video?" Emily asked me.

"I have to forgive Jack and ask him about it. I need to get it out of him." I said. She nodded as we got back into the car.

"Where to next?" I asked.

"Panera, I'm so fucking hungry." She explained. I laughed at her as I turned up the radio.

We sang to multiple G Eazy songs on the way there, and one of them being my favorites, Remember You. I stepped out of the car and raised my sunglasses over my head. 

We ordered and stood to wait for our food as we took a seat. 

" Are you okay, Jennifer?" Emily asked, she had asked this question multiple times after exiting the police station. I quickly nodded as a lump in my throat formed.

"Yeah, it's literally only been three days since even meeting Jack. I can see now why he hid his actual identity. But why love the sister of the guy you helped kill, without telling her? And to comfort her? for what? I just actually met Jack and I feel betrayed you know I've talked to him for three years like why is this happening?" Tears strolled down my face as Emily leaned closer to me over the table to cup my cheeks.

"Jennifer you're my best friend okay? You're strong, you'll get through this I promise you. I'll be there through this whole thing. I love you, right now it's hard. It will get easier, and in the end, when everybody responsible is in jail, you will have your justice. Jason will have his justice. And then you will be able to be happy again." She smiled at me and wiped my tears away with her thumbs.

"Thank you, I just don't know how I'm even going to tell my mom. She'd freak out." I explained as she leaned back to sit in her seat stabbing her fork into her salad.

"Don't tell her yet. Let her be she'd freak out and create more stress for you, it's not worth building up more stress or else you'll fall apart." I nodded as I took a bite into my sandwich. 

"So how's Dylan?" I asked.

"We're doing good,I love him more everyday. Jennifer, he's so sweet to me." She blushed and batted her eyes.

"I haven't seen him in a while, are you sure you didn't hold him hostage as your personal sex slave?" I asked laughing into my food. 

"HAHA, very funny Jennifer. I think I love him." She smiled at me.

"Damn Emily, and you're always the one to fuck them and drop them the same day, I'm impressed." I snickered at her.

"Yeah, well I do, I'm happy with him." She said.

"I'm glad you're happy Emily." I said.

*

"Okay so how are you going to do this?" Emily asked as we sat in my car on our way to Jacks house to get the evidence.

"Well you see my flannel?" I asked.

"Yeah what about it?" She asked.

"i'[m gonna hit record and put my hone in the pocket with the camera pointing outwards I'll be able to get his face and his voice in it." I smiled as I thought the plan would go perfect. 

"Okay, what do I do?" She asked. 

"You're gonna stay in the car okay?" I pulled up to his house and opened the car door as she nodded.

"Good luck bitch!" She yelled at me from the passenger seat as I closed the door. 

I hit record and put my camera pointing outwards. I rang the doorbell and waited for Jack to open it, only his car was in the driveway so I was hoping he was alone. The door open and I saw a red eyed messy Jack wearing the same clothes he was wearing yesterday when I found Natalia's bra.

"Jen- Jennifer. I'm sorry." Immediately his eyes poured tears down his puffy cheeks and my heart broke. Why would he even cheat on me in the first place. I have no time to get into my feelings, I need to get that video. I cleared my throat. Entering his house as he closed the door.

"It's fine Jack, maybe you just weren't sure about our relationship yet, can we just move on?" I asked. In reality I wouldn't have made it this easy, but I have no choice if I want to get that video. HE nodded confused as we sat on the couch and I faced him.

"What do you know about Jason's death?" His face immediately drained.  

"W- What do you- I know nothing." He managed to get out. I rolled my eyes because I already knew the truth.

"Jack just tell me! Were you in the woods that night when Jason was drugged by Madison? Were you the one recording that video?" AT the point I had stood up. I was angry, beyond pissed. 

"Jennifer I'm sorry! I didn't want to do it! I was dragged into the gang by my brother when I was young. I didn't want it. The blonde guy was my brother in the video. I didn't want to do it. I knew Jason because Natalia wanted connections out in San Francisco, California. Jennifer you have to believe me I had no choice! Still to this day Natalia threatens me to do things with her or else she'll tell police it was all my fault. Jennifer please, believe me." I stepped back as he tried to grab my hand. My breathing got heavy s I panted stepping backwards

" I can't believe you did this! Jack you even confronted me through it what the hell! I can't do this anymore. It's over." I pushed him into the couch as he tried to get closer to me I ran out of his house. Natalia had threatened him yo have sex with her. Maybe Jack was innocent, he was threatened into it. I ran out of his house crying as I unlocked my door and closed it getting into the car. I sped out the driveway. 

"What happened?" Emily asked. I grabbed the phone out of my pocket pulling into a gas station stopping the video. 

"He confessed."