7. Diagon Ally & The Weasleys

Chapter Seven 

“What is the big rush?” He asked wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me resting his chin on my shoulder.

I tried to slip out of his grip squirming but with no success. “Let me go!” I growled at him.

Barty spun me around so now I was facing him. “What’s wrong Laylah? We use to be so close back at Hogwarts” he asked me with a saddened expression on his handsome face.

“That wasn’t even you. You were pretending to be someone your not!” I half yelled at him still hurt how he had tricked me.

“Sure I was pretending to be someone else while there was people around” Barty lent in close to my ear “But when I was with you, It was all me” He brushed his lips against my cheek and I couldn’t help the slight blush that appeared on them.

Barty smirked when he saw me blush. He let me go and stood back. “Your free to go if you like” He said motioning towards the door “Or… you can come with me?”

“Come with you where?” I asked curiously.

“To Diagon Ally or something”

“What you can’t go there, you will get caught and taken back to Azkaban” I said terrified at the thought

“I have an Invisibility cloak. My father made me hide under it when he and my mum smuggled me out of Azkaban… Come on let’s go” He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me up stairs like an excited child.

“Why are we going up here?”

“I need to get my cloak and a broomstick”

Barty Jr went into his room while I waited outside. He returned with his invisibility cloak in one hand, a broomstick in his other hand and a huge grin upon his face. I have never seen his this excited before and in a way it was kind of creepy. He was supposed to be a heartless killer after all.

 We went back downstairs and out the front of the Malfoy Manor. The front yard was huge with green hedges that lines a walkway through the front yard, and in front of the house were huge metal gates with a huge ‘M’ on them. I knew the ‘M’ must have stood for Malfoy. Their family was so up themselves that it annoyed me so much.

Barty Jr put the invisibly cloak around his shoulders, so only his head was visible. It looked very funny. He looked just like a floating head in the air. I giggled at him and he frowned “What’s so funny” He asked as he got on the broomstick. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders “nothing” “Come on, get on in front of me,” He said to me.

I walked over to him and sat on the broomstick in front of him. He covered his head with his cloak so he was now fully invisible.

As we took off into the air I felt one of Barty’s arms wrap around my waist holding me in place and I smiled to my self. As much as I hated to admit it, it felt so nice when he held me. I loved the feeling so much.

“So how come we couldn’t just use the floo network?” I asked curiously half yelling over the loudness of the wind rushing past us as we flew high in the air and threw the soft white clouds.

“Because it is being watched, the same way we couldn’t just of Disapparate”

It was a long trip to Diagon Ally on a broomstick, and both of us being on a single broom made it even slower. Without realizing it I had leaned back into Barty’s chest and closed my eyes feeling the warm sun’s glow upon my face, slowly drifting off into a sleep.

I opened my eyes, as I was startled from my sleep by someone shaking my shoulder. “We are here Laylah” Barty’s voice whispered in my ear. I turned around to look at him, but he was still invisible under his cloak.

There weren’t many people in the Ally, a lot of people didn’t go out much now because of the threat of The Dark Lord. But for someone like me who is ‘kind of’ on his side, I had nothing to worry about.

“Come on Laylah let’s go explore” Barty Grabbed my hand and pulled me down the ally.

Barty Jr and I walked up the ally together looking at all the Different shops. I had let go of his hand cause it would have looked funny to other people me holding onto thin air.

“Let’s go to knockturn Ally” Barty Jr whispered to me as I stared into the window of a candy shop.

“What are you crazy? I’m not going down there alone” I whispered back fiercely

‘You won’t be alone I’ll be with you”

“Yeah but nobody can see you, so it will look like I’m alone and that will draw attention to myself. Who knows what the creeps down there would do to me?” I whispered as I continued walking up Diagon Ally, far away from Knockturn Ally as I could.

“Fine I’m going for a look by myself then” Barty said, and I could hear his footsteps turn around and walk back the other way. ‘No wait!” I whispered, but he was already gone. He wanted to spend time with me, and then he goes and ditches me. Stupid Idiot! I thought to myself

I continued up the Ally until a new shop caught my eye ‘Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes’ a huge sign said above it. I immediately new it must have been the twins Fred and George new joke shop they had been talking about opening at school. I ran over to the shop and peered inside. A sign on the door said ‘Open’ and I smiled to myself and place my broomstick out the front and opened the door. A little bell above the door sounded, announcing a customer has entered the shop. A red haired boy around my age stepped out from behind the counter “Welcome to Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes!” He greeted me. He then stopped when he saw me, a huge smile came on his face and he ran over to me pulling me into a hug “Laylah. It’s good to see you”

“It’s good to see you to Fred” I smiled hugging him back. I had missed my friends from school.

“George get out here, come look who it is,” Fred yelled out towards the back of the shop. Another red head boy then came running out from the back room, looking identical to the first. He too pulled me into a hug “Hey Laylah, how have you been?”

“Yeah good George, How about you two? I see you got your joke shop up and running. How did you pay for this?” I asked looking around at all the amazing stuff

“Yeah it’s been great fun. Harry gave us the prize money he won from the Tri Wizard tournament to help us out. Bloody good bloke he is right Fred?”

“Right, How about a tour?” Fred asked holding out his arm to me.

“Sure I’d love one,” I giggled grabbing his arm. Fred and George led me around the shop, showing me all the different gadgets they had invented. I was very impressed. Even with everything that is going on they still seemed to be selling a lot of things and making a stack of money.

“You two have done quiet well for yourself” I smiled up at them

 “Thanks Laylah. So what have you been up to since you left Hogwarts?” George asked me

“Been staying at the Malfoy Manor, being harassed by Draco. Nothing interesting at all” I shook my head rolling my eyes.

“Well if you ever want to get away from that, just come give me an George a visit, we are always here, we even live here” Fred said pointing upstairs, to where I assumed was a little apartment.

“Thanks Guys” I smiled at them “Well I better go, I’ll see you guys later” I hugged them both goodbye then turned and left.