08: The Fallen

Meg and Mick were brought deeper into the house, most likely in the direction that the other half of their small team went. Her lungs burning for air, Meg continued to struggle- though her efforts barely did anything to help her. Savage released her throat as he stopped for a moment.

Her knees shook, relieved to be able to breathe again. Meg gulped in a few breaths of sweet oxygen as she was shoved to the ground in front of some sort of large cage- housing Ray and Snart. Clutching her sore throat, Meg looked around frantically, her eyes widening with fear and worry as she realized the situation she was in.

"So much for keeping watch." Snart muttered, folding his arms. Meg tried to pull out of the harsh grasp one of the men had on her, but his grip was too strong for her.

"It's funny how it's my house you've broken into." Savage said to them, a sly smile spread on his lips. Meg couldn't help but glare at him, her blood boiling. This man killed billions of innocent people- and has yet to kill billions more. What would go through someone's head for them to do something like that?

As a burst of anger ravaged through Margaret, she slumped over- asleep. Savage laughed, kicking her side haughtily.

"What do you want, Savage?" Ray asked, narrowing his eyes at the tyrant.

"What I want, is Prince Kufu and Priestess Shayara. Call them. Call your team. I want them here." Is the terrorist's response. Ray glanced worriedly at Meg briefly, who had fallen asleep from her narcolepsy.

"Call them, I said!" Savage shouted louder. The booming voice rattling the bars of the cage.

Savage held out his hand again, and began choking the red head and pyromaniac. Meg woke slowly, her face turning as red as her hair from her struggle. Mick tried to get loose, but Savage's power seemed to be stronger. Ray and Snart start to lose their cool, looking a little more distraught than before (even if it was only slightly).

"I don't think I made myself clear. Call your team, or they die." Savage demanded. Her head spinning and eyes watering, Margaret shook her head at the two trapped in the cage. Her vision became cloudy with black dots from lack of oxygen. Fear coursed through her veins like a nascar race.

"D-d-don't." Meg tried to say- but only came out as an ungraceful gagging noise. Her body fell more limply to the floor, arms and legs twitching as she attempted a struggle.

Ray and Snart exchanged glances, then sighed. Captain Cold took out a small walkie-talkie, pressing a button to alert Rip.

"You better have good news, Snart." Rip said in a staticky voice.

"Send in the team to the house. It belongs to Savage and he is in the process of choking Red and Mick to death." Replied the thief. Rip sighed loudly over the device, and what could only be heard as muttering some very choice words.

"What?" Was his reply, as if he was actually shocked the team of four had trouble.

"You heard him! Hurry, bring the team. The WHOLE team." Ray said quickly, almost desperately. Savage smiled, then released Mick and Meg.

Not able to pick herself up off the floor, Meg lie there coughing and spluttering as she wheezed in oxygen. The world around her spun, black dots dancing along her range of sight. The only thing she could bring herself to do was breathe- which required all her effort.

"Meg, you okay?" Ray asked, his voice sounding as if it was underwater. She looked up with watery eyes, staggering to her feet. Uneasily she leaned on the bars for support, gasping in more deep, quick breaths of air. Savage's men grabbed her arms harshly, keeping the girl in place.

Meg's anger boiled as Savage paced the room, brimming with false hubris and arrogance. Not to mention evil.

"I will kill Prince Kufu and Shayara- and then I will kill you all. Slowly." He said, as if he'd been contemplating it for a while. Well- he was immortal.

The red head shook, her arms clenched into fists. Her eyes grew dark- clouded with anger as she slowly fell into a blackout. The rest of the team arrived- their footsteps heard outside the house.

Swirls of light encircle her wrists as the lamps burst around her. The light swirled into Meg with a steady flow. Her arms heated up quickly, burning the hands of the guards. As Ray and Snart realized what Meg was doing- and that she wasn't exactly herself at the moment- they step back as she blew the bars off the cage.

Mick sucker punched his guards in the nose, joining his icy comrade with guns in hand.

Kendra and Carter swooped in, taking the dagger from Ray before moving the fight with Savage outside. A swarm of the terrorist's men approached the rest of the group, chasing them out of the house and into the front yard.

"Times like these make me wish I brought the Atom suit everywhere." Ray said with a disappointed frown. Meg only stared at Ray with a confused expression, her eyes still shadowed, as she was still blacked out.

Blasting back a few bad guys, Meg found herself attacking Firestorm by accident. Her eyes shadowed deeper, and the blasts of light and shadow spurted uncontrollably from her wrists.

"Meg? What the hell are you doing!" Rip asked her, shooting off a few of Savage's men with his laser gun.

The red head only stared, ignoring his comment. She blasted more balls and swirls of shadow and light- and then aimed at Carter. He barely dodged the blast- causing him to be punched in the stomach by Vandal Savage.

"Miss Grace!" Rip hissed, furious, "What are you doing?!"

Sara sprinted over, chucking a few throwing knives at the bad guys. She gave a brief look at Margaret before letting out a sigh.

"She's not all there, captain." Sara breathed, "Meg's gonna end up killing someone if we don't take her out ourselves."

More light was blasted in Firestorm's direction- which the duo easily dodged. It sure made their job a lot harder, but at least Meg wasn't hitting them.

The Time captain took his laser gun, and grazed Meg in the side. The red head stumbled back, grunting in pain. Sara hit a pressure point in her side- which caused the blacked-out Metahuman to fall unconscious.

"Ray- take the rogue back to the ship. Now!" Rip ordered.

The battle seemed to slow as the sound of knife-meeting flesh came from Savage's direction. Carter fell over, blood dripping from his chest.

"You fool! Only Priestess Shayara can deliver the blow. Now you must die." Savage went to kill Kendra for good, absorbing Carter's life- making the tyrant even more immortal than last time.

"Mick- grab Kendra. We need to leave." Rip shouted. Ray, who had an unconscious Margaret in his arms- headed quickly back to the Waverider with the others.

"And Raymond- put Meg in a cell. We need to know if she's... safe." Rip ordered. Ray- who gave a worried look to Meg- nodded.

"What about Kendra? She's hurt." Sara nodded her head towards the barely conscious Hawk girl, her stomach bleeding profusely.

"Meg's a Forensic Anthropologist." Ray offered.

"No. She's too dangerous as the moment. Once we know who's side Margaret is on, she stays in the cell."