42: Two Redheads on One Ship

Being held up by Ray- he, Jax, and Stein moved Meg to the med bay where Gideon could watch over her vitals. Her head spun, and the nausea was only getting worse, despite having just thrown up.

"Why where you in Coast City? I thought you were from Seattle." Stein said as she laid down on the med bay. Meg sat up, clutching her side. Lifting up the fabric of her shirt- the black bruising pattern showed up where her broken ribs were, making her burn scars from the Gulag look like child's play.

"I was in college? Looking for my family? I can't even remember." She snapped, "Why does that even matter?"

"Miss Grace is experiencing major rib damage on her left side, and a major concussion. If the team can extract her younger self from the timeline- the present Margaret will be fine, as well as her younger self." Gideon piped up.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Meg felt the sharp sting of a hot object shoved into her side. The skin on her lower abdomen bled and swelled- clad in deep red and black blisters. Meg screamed as her face twisted in agony.

"What the hell is going on out there?" She yelled, coughing up blood. As she gasped for air, her ribs groaned in an intense pain- leaving Meg squirming.

"Miss Lance and Miss Saunders are trying to pull you out from underneath a car. Mr. Snart and Mr. Rory are having a bit of fun with the Pilgrim." Gideon said, using a hologram to show them what was going on.

Meg tightly grasped onto Ray's and Jax's hands until her knuckles were white. They should have her younger self back to safety... she'd be fine in due time.

"How old were you... Now I guess is the correct term?" Stein asked. Meg gave him a 'not now' look, but tried to think anyways.

"I dunno... 21? 22? Why do you need to know this?" Meg grumbled, fixing her pained gaze onto the projection. Her younger self looked scared, almost unconscious, and was more beat up than she was... well... Meg couldn't see herself at the moment, but she looked pretty bad.

"Jax- go help the girls bring in younger Margaret- and take her here to the med bay." Stein ordered his other half of Firestorm. Jax nodded his head, as left quickly- slipping out of Meg's tight, sweaty grasp. A tear slipped out of her eye as the skin on her abdomen was literally burning away. The smell was disgusting, but the pain was even worse.

Sara and Kendra managed to get Meg's younger self free from underneath the car, and away from the Pilgrim. They headed towards the Waverider unnoticed by the bounty hunter.

Quicker than they came, Meg's injuries slowly faded- the pain disappearing. The redhead sighed in relief, watching as the burn in her stomach slowly faded into nothing.

"Thank god."  Meg carefully sat up as the nausea and pain went away from her broken ribs. She casted a relieved smile towards Ray, who returned it as he helped the redhead down from the bed. They exit the med bay together. 

"You okay?" He asked her, keeping a close eye on Meg as she wearily walked through the ship. Sucking in a deep breath, she rubbed her sweaty palms on her jeans, hands shaking.

"Sure." Meg shook off her feeling as she headed away from her younger self and towards the rest of the team. Sure, 21-year-old her would hand some serious questions, but that version of Meg was about to do some very regrettable things during a blackout. She remembered the date well once she remembered her blackouts and when they exactly occurred.

"You wanna talk about it?" Ray called. Meg turned around, and gave him a shrug, suggesting that she just wanted to be alone for a bit. 

As the redhead made eye contact with Rip, he gave her a kind smile- almost empathizing for Meg.