Chapter XVI: Breaking The Barrier

I pick up the phone and call Azazyel.

"Moi Tsar" Azazyel answers.

"I'm not king, don't address me as so." I say back.

"Whatever, what is it?" He asks.

"What's the current status." I say, leaning back waiting for a coffee.

"We'll be upon another Seraph camp soon, We will need you then." He explains.

"Got it." I say hanging up.

I leave a 20 on the table and disappear to Heaven, rendezvousing with my Fallen Angels. Most had already started the battle, so I walk off towards the opposite side of the camp, where the Seraph is.

Several soldiers attack me on the way, all of them dying quickly. As I reach the Seraph I can see he's armored for battle and has a staff at his side.

"You're ready for me this time, huh?" I say then stand a few meters from the throne. The Seraph stands up, he's taller than me at about 7ft. He grabs the spear and walks towards me. I chuckle as black shadows trace the length of my body, armor appearing as the smoke passes.

The Seraph charges towards me and slaps at me with the spear, I put my arm up blocking it on my gauntlet and kick into the back of his leg. He back handsprings and spins the staff, a blade popping out of one side. He slices towards me several times, attempting to cut through me. He lands a cut into my arm, the spear lodged into my armor and flesh.

Several Seraph soldiers flood out of the tents towards me, and the General releases the spear and moves back letting the soldiers close in. I pull the staff out of my arm and cut through several soldiers, one rushes straight towards me and I slap his head with the spear, breaking his neck. Another runs in and I impale him then pull the spear out and throw it into the last soldier.

"Your soldiers won't help you in a fight with me. Come over here and let's finish this." I say, pulling the spear out of the man I threw it into.

The Seraph pulls a saber from his side and circles me, like a shark. I follow his action and circle the area of conflict. He charges at me, and I let loose a roar sprinting towards the Seraph. He thrusts out his arm and I duck pushing the spear through his chest. The Seraph grabs the spear trying to pull it out and falls, dying. I feel a sharp pain in my left shoulder and see the Seraph didn't miss completely as I have a saber sticking out of it.

"I don't know if leaving an entire saber in my side would be smart..." I break off most the blade and leave a small piece sticking out then walk back to my Fallen's temporary camp.

"Moi Tsar. You're shoulder...?" Azazyel says looking at the piece of Angelic steel in my side.

"I'll be fine. No offense but everyone we have is meant to kill. Not heal." I say, chuckling.

"I'll be back when you need me." I say then vanish to Izmar's room.

When I arrive in the room, no one's there so I sit at the coffee table and flick on the tv, waiting.