Chapter XV: A Days Passing

I woke up to Izmar on sleeping on my chest, being still half asleep, I moved and wrapped an arm around her waist then went back to sleep.

I woke up again, not knowing what time it was I looked for a clock and settled for the one on my phone. It had been seven hours since I had fallen asleep like this. By now it was dark outside, I knew I should leave for precaution of the others showing up wondering why Izmar hasn't been outside. I didn't move though, I lay there and tightened my hold around Izmar. Then I lied my head back on the pillow and went to sleep again, hoping I wouldn't wake until tomorrow.

I don't know when I woke up, could have been five minutes. Could have been five hours, but I knew I was caught because I woke up to a very angry Angel calling me a son of a bitch.

"Technically, Laney, neither of us have a mom." I said half awake, rubbing my eyes.

"You asshole we've been here without you for almost two years and you're just here sleeping with Izmar!?" She yells, I may say, extremely loud.

"I didn't want to concern you or Nathan, I can't stay for more than a day, maybe two. So I just stay with Izzy and don't say anything. I wasn't going to show for you two until I could stay. So calm down. Plus I did appear infront of you three days ago when I saved you." I say chuckling.

She walks over and slaps me, thoroughly waking me up. "Yeah, I get it, you all should get to see me."

Izmar wakes up and sits. "What's everyone yelling about...?" She says practically whining.

"The Angel police found me." I joke.

Laney grunts and walks back to the other room to get Nathan up and Izmar goes back to sleep. Nathan walks in and waves "Hey bitch."

"Nice to see you too." I say rolling my eyes and laying back on the bed.

"Now if you don't mind, I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in a few centuries, so we'll discuss this in the morning." I say and turn over wrapping an arm around Izzy.

They both walk out, Laney closing the door rather dramatically.

I look at the clock seeing it'll be dawn soon. I get up and walk to the shower, turning it on and waiting for the water to heat up. I get in and take a quick shower, getting out and drying myself off, then wrapping a towel around my waist I walk out to get my duster.

I see Izmar is awake and sitting at the coffee table.

"Hey Izzy, can you hand me my duster?" I ask.

"Sure." She grabs it and looks over to hand it to me, then spits out her coffee into the glass.

"Why are you naked?!"  She yells.

"I'm not. I have a towel." I say blankly.

She buries her face in her hands, blushing, scooting the duster at me.

"Freakin humans..." I pick up the duster and walk back to the bathroom, getting dressed.

I walk back out and sit at the coffee table with Izmar. "I'm leaving, I have to go before they check on me." I say tapping my hands.

She nods and hugs me tightly. I put my finger and thumb on her chin and kiss her for a brief moment. With that I get up and walk out the door. Finding a nice Harley Davidson parked a few doors down I work my 'magic' and ride off to the diner.

I walk in and sit in a booth, waiting to order.