Chapter XII: Return

(Izmar's Perspective)

As I walked slowly out to the car, a bottle of vodka in my hand, I wobbled and gripped the hood balancing myself. I looked up to the sky then set down the bottle and slowly sat down on the hood of Lucifer's 1969 SS Camaro Z28.

"Lucifer! You bastard get down here!" I yell. I've asked, I've called. So many times I've had this same night, over and over again. Lucifer never answers, apparently we're not worth his time anymore. It's been over a year since he vanished, leaving the car, and his job to me, to Laney, and now to Nathan.

"Lucifer, whatever you're doing better be pretty important, because we could really use you on this one. We're going after a white eyed demon... We need your help." I say looking down and then sighing.

"Whatever...you're not listening, you're not going to show." I say getting off the hood and staring at the car.

                                                                         (Lucifer's perspective)

The flap of wings can be heard as I appear next to the car, leaning against the front passenger door. "What I was doing is pretty damn important, so tell me. What's up?" I say looking at the ground adjusting my black duster.

Izmar looks up and all I see in her vision is pure anger. "What's up? What's up?! What's up is you're about the most dense person I've ever fucking met!" She says walking up to me.

"I've spent an hour every night calling for you until I couldn't anymore! For a year! I've never missed it, down to the ritual!" She yells.

"I've been busy, adult stuff." I say bluntly.

A loud slapping noise is heard as my head turns from a rather, hard, slap from Izmar.

"You've been busy...To busy to answer me? To busy to drop in and say 'Hi Izmar, just wanted you to know I'm still fucking alive!' Couldn't even send a letter?" She says furiously.

"Yes. To busy to say hi. To busy to send a letter." I say grabbing her arm as she tries to slap me again.

I move my face closer to hers. "To busy to drop in. I've been keeping Angels and Demons alike off of your cases, they want Alayna, they want Nathan, and they want you. All three of you are wanted for your knowledge and potential threat against both factions." I stare into her eyes then let go.

"But...not even a letter, or a page to tell us you're okay...?" She says looking down.

I sigh and lean back against the car. "You don't think I wanted to, But no, I had to make sure your tracks were covered. If I sent a letter they'd be able to trace my resonance from it and track you down. I left you the knife just incase." I sigh then smile a bit.

"You kept the Camaro in tact though. And you're still alive, there's that." I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Heh yeah, I guess." She says then sighs shaking her head.

"I assume I don't have to explain anything to you? Considering you said you've been watching." She says.

"No, I know everything...and yes that means, everything." I say rubbing the back of my head.

She blushes, pushing me away and walks off. "Might want to give a warning before you drop back in again. It was good seeing you." She walks into the warehouse, lying of my presence.

                                                                   (Nathan's perspective)

"Lucifer's always been an asshat but still, you think he'd maybe drop in every now and then." I say as I read through a Biblic website, showing a few Enochian sigils.

"Yeah, well. He must have a reason." Izmar replies.

"Damn, who took the stick out of your ass? Usually Lucifer is your trigger, not your sedative." I reply closing the laptop and practicing the sigils from the website.

"Up your's fatass." She replies and walks to the desk opening her notebook and 'writing'.

"There's the normal Izzy we all know and pretend to love." I say not looking up.

Laney turns off the shower and comes out covered in a towel. "Izzy, we're out of clean towels. Can you run down and get some tomorrow before we leave?" She says and grabs her clothes, walking back to the bathroom.

"Sure thing Laney. I'll do it right after I prepare our gear so we don't die." she replies sarcastically.

I shake my head  "I'm trying to figure out this Enochian symbol I found, but it doesn't seem to do anything. As of yet that is." I look over to the bathroom.

"Maybe it's fake. A lot of Christian fanatics get things wrong, but how can you blame them, God doesn't actually talk to anyone but Joshua...I think." She yells from the other room.

"Oh yeah, huh, I forgot." I keep trying to figure out the sigil then fall asleep after a few hours.

P.S. Nathan I'm ending this with you sleeping just to piss you off.