Chapter XXI: Mark Of Cain

"You want my mark, you've already the power to wield the Michael Sword, your family crest. What do you want with my mark?" He says leaning in a bit.

"The Mark Of Cain is one of the strongest things I've ever created, but that power comes with a price. You know that price. I'd assume you'd want it gone." I say a bit worried.

"I didn't ask what I want Lucifer. I asked why you want it." He says pouring us more tea.

"I want it, so I can protect the people I care about, so that I can get my grace back, so that I can end the war in heaven." I say taking a sip of my tea.

"Lucifer, if you take the mark, I will never take it back." He says sipping his tea.

"I understand that." I say rolling up my right sleeve. He grabs my arm nodding and the mark, painfully, passes to my arm. "It was good seeing you again Cain, you're the only one of us who kept sane." I say.

"Sane isn't the word I'd use, more, human." He says as I walk outside.

Azazyel grabs me and brings me back to the garage. "Sire, have you got the blade?"

"No, he lost it years ago, I already knew that much." I say and turn to Azazyel. "Find the blade, when you do bring it to me." I clap him on the shoulder. "And stop being such a wuss." I say, chuckling.

"Moi Tsar." He says then disappears. I walk back into the house to find Izmar, Nathan, and the girl in Nathan's shirt sitting at the table.

"Heyo." I say walking in.

"Don't 'Heyo' me. Where were you?" Izmar says.

"Am I not allowed to go get breakfast at the dinner every now and then?" I say putting up my hands. "Who's this chick anyways?" I say pointing at the girl Nathan picked up.

"Oh, I'm Jess. I'll go now, see you later..." She winks at Nathan and I make a gagging sound.

"You were at the dinner huh?" Izmar says suspiciously.

"Well. Yeah." I say sitting.

"Then why was Azazyel here? and why wasn't the car gone, why did you bring the Michael Sword?" She says.

"Fine, Azazyel and I were with the other Fallen Angels discussing my grace." I say. "Sorry." Laney walks out in a large shirt and thigh high socks.

"God, is every female here going to just come into the kitchen in their most seductive clothing?" I say and get up to make more coffee. Laney stops dead in her tracks looking terrified.

"What's wrong Laney?" Izmar asks.

"L-Lucifer...Please tell me that's not what I think it is..." She says pointing at my arm.

My eyes flicker black and I set the mug down, walking towards her. "It is."

"Why do you have it..." She says trembling.

"I have my reasons." I say then walk towards the door. She grabs my arm and squeals as I twist her arm behind her back pressing a knife to her spinal cord. "L-Luci...Stop..." I shake my head quickly and back up, letting her go.

"I'm sorry." I say then see Azazyel appear next to me.

"Moi Tsar." He bows and hands me the blade, wrapped in cloth. Laney looks at me scared. "Lucifer...What is that?" She asks, trembling.

"The First blade." I say then shove it in my belt.

"What is going on, I thought that Cain had the blade...and why do you have his mark...?" She says.

"It's my mark, he was the on to make it famous. The Mark Of Cain was a weapon." I explain sitting at the table.

Laney looks at me "You know what that will do to you if you don't get your grace back soon enough right?"

"Yes. So I don't plan on taking to long." I say then walk to the bedroom, putting on my Cleric's shirt.

I look at the mark and grab the blade, the mark heating up and glowing red. I feel the killing intent, the Mark's curse.