Chapter V: Old Friends

I walk outside to my car as the sun is slowly rising giving the sky a purple tint. As I get to my car I sit on the hood then hear a set of footsteps walking towards me.

"What do you want?" I say immediately knowing who it was.

I turn seeing a woman in a white dress and brown coat. "I just have a message. Lucifer."

"What is it Anpiel?" I say sighing.

"You're lucky to be alive. Don't screw this up." She replies bowing.

I hear the sounds of a single wing flap then she's gone.

"Damnit." I reply irritated.

Laney walks out a few minutes later yawning. "Hey..."

"Hey Laney. Sleep well?" I ask.

She chuckles "Sure." she says walking over and sitting with me.

"Want to go for a drive before we have to get to school?" I say getting off the hood.

"Sure." She says getting in the passengers seat.

I start the car and drive down the two lane country road.

When we all get to school we go to our respective classes and wait for math, our first class together.

When we walked into class and took our seats Izmar and Laney were still watching me but they seemed more relaxed, I was relieved that they at least weren't going to actively hunt me anymore. Nathan flicks the back of my head.

"Ow, what?" I say slightly annoyed.

"Stop flirting and help me fag." He replies.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll help ya dumbass."

When the bell rings for class I grab my long coat from my chair and walk with the others to lunch.

"Izmar, Laney. This is Nathan." I say introducing them.

They nod at each other and we walk to a table.

As I walk off to grab lunch I see the same senior I got into a 'fight' with harassing some kid. I walk over and as he sees me he walks up.

"Well if it isn't Pussifer himself." He says.

"Wow your insults are almost as slow as your punches. What's your position on the football team? benchwarmer?" I reply with a smirk

"Gettin slick out the mouth are we?" He says grabbing my coat.

I drop the coat to the ground and he throws a punch. I step to the side grabbing his arm and kneeing him in the stomach then proceeding to throw him over my shoulder slamming him into the hard tile.

I walk towards the kids he was harassing and slowly realize they're my friends from middle school I hadn't seen since summer.

"Son of a bitch, Hey! Brandon! Payton!" I wave with a smile as they run up.

"Hey! I didn't know you were going here! Why didn't you tell us?" Brandon says.

"Phone broke. Got a new one." I reply

"But hey. Want to get something to eat?"

"Nah, actually we have to go to a club meeting, but we'll text you alright man." Brandon says waving as they leave.

I walk up to my group of friends "Want to get some lunch?"

They nod and walk with me to the car.

"To the In-N-Out!" I say getting in.

                                                                   (30 Minutes pass)

As we eat in the car I say "Drop anything in the car and you're washing it." Chuckling.

I check my watch "Time to go kiddies." I say starting the car and driving off to school.

As the last bell rings I grab my backpack and walk with Izzy and Laney to the parking lot waving to Nathan as he walks to the bus.

I walk up to my car then run my hands through my hair as I see a fender dented in, a headlight broken, and the side keyed.

"AAGHHH! HE FUCKED MY CAAAAAR!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Izzy walks over seeing the damage and looking at the key scratch. "Oh...That looks deep."

"Yeah, I'll just fix it at home... I'll drop y'all off first though." I say sighing.

"Or...We could just come over." Laney says.

I look over at them and slowly drop my hands to my sides. "Yeah okay." I say then get in the car starting the engine.

As they're both in I drive off to my shitty warehouse I use as a home.