Chapter 34. The Best There Ever Was

A/N: Before reading I just would like to ask you guys to follow my new account on Instagram. It's @_the_most_epic_fangirl_ and is an account for a lot of things. It's going to be really unique and different from many other accounts. There's going to be Band Spam Mondays , YouTuber Tuesdays, Awareness Wednesdays (where I post things to inform and teach people about certain things, like self-harm and such), Tumblr Thursdays (a day full of funny, random, creepy, and/or unexplainable pictures and captions), Fan Fiction Fridays (I will explain those on Instagram), Self Saturdays (again, I'll explain later), and Shout Out Sundays. If you want a shout out on Instagram, Wattpad, or any other site just tell me on Insta. Please follow me, and thank you if you do. Now, enjoy the chapter. 

P.S. Sorry it's short, but I felt like this chapter was good just as it was. If I made it longer I probably wouldn't have liked it.

Chapter 34. The Best There Ever Was

~Kellin~

For months I believed Summer hadn't been seeing anyone. I thought that she was only focusing on her solo album and her children. I figured she was too busy with touring schedules, Blu's wedding, and song writing for boys. But a few days ago, maybe a week, Blu had called me and told me the truth. 

I was hanging out with Alissa. In my arms was a tired Allix. In Alissa's was an excited Della. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and answered with a polite, "Hello." I knew it was Blu since her name and picture popped up. 

"Hi Kellin," she said back. "I know you and the guys already said that you were coming to the wedding, but I wanted to make sure. I also wanted to say that flying into Cali looks good since there isn't supposed to be any blizzards or anything," she rambled. Her wedding is in the winter. It's going to be a very proper wedding, but also very fun. CC and Blu both agreed that a winter wedding would be the best. That's why they are marrying on December nineteenth. 

"Yes, we are all coming," I told her. Jesse, Jack, Gabe, Justin, their women, my girlfriend, Allix, and Della were all coming to the wedding. 

"Good! I was just making sure! Summer is excited to see you and the girls, you know?" I didn't. "And she also wants to meet Alissa."

I thought it would be weird for Summer to meet my new girlfriend. "Are you sure?" I asked. It seemed like such an awkward situation to me.

"Yes! It might be a little weird, but shes bringing her own boyfriend so it won't be too weird."

I was instantly mad. Summer never told me she was seeing someone new. I was even madder when I made connections. I knew instantly that she was dating Vic. Vic tweets about flying to a certain girl's home state and seeing her. Summer tweets about hanging out with a mystery person. I didn't mention anything about her seeing Vic though. It'd only make me mad, remind me of what happened. I told Blu that I'd see her soon and then hung up. A few days later Alissa, the twins, and I were flying into California, along with the guys and their girls. We got a hotel room booked for about two weeks and got ready for Blu's wedding. 

I'll be wearing my old suit from my own wedding, though no one except for Summer will be able to tell. I'm changing the tie, not wearing my rise that was pinned to my jacket, and wearing TOMS instead of the shoes my suit came with. 

The second day we were in California I dropped the girls off at Summer's mom's house. That's where Summer and her mystery person are staying. When I dropped the girls off they were out though. I guess that's a good thing considering I didn't want to be seeing Vic. 

Now, only two days before the wedding, the guys and I were hanging out. Our girls went shopping, leaving us alone. We decided to go bowling. It's not the funniest thing to do in Los Angeles, but the guys figured it would take my mind off of things. They knew how upset I was. I couldn't stop talking about how I didn't like Summer's relationship with Vic. 

What really makes me mad is that she didn't tell me. He's probably been man handling my daughters without my permission. I told Summer about Alissa. I asked if she could see the girls. Summer didn't tell me shit. Summer didn't ask me crap. 

It was Jack's turn to bowl when I focused back on the game. The order went Jesse, Justin, me, Gabe, Jack. So far Jesse was winning, which only made me want to try harder at the stupid game. Was I going to let Jesse beat me? Hell no! I already had my ex wife lie to me about her secret Mexican boyfriend, I'm not going to lose bowling to the ginger guitarist of my band. 

Jack made a strike, screaming excitedly the second all the pins went down. The guys laughed and cursed him out playfully, but I only pouted. I'm not going to lose to the dipshit Corgi lover that I call a guitarist. Now that I think that over it isn't very nice of me to think.

Jack looked at me, sitting back in his seat while Jesse stood. "Dude, still upset with Vic and Summer?" I nodded. "Why?"

"Yeah! You're dating Alissa anyway. Why would you care if Summer is seeing someone else?" Justin questioned. 

"It's not that I'm jealous or anything. It's just that… ugh!" I groaned. "It's just that Summer never told me that her and Vic were together. He's probably been around Della and Allix a billion times. If so, then I should know about him seeing my ex considering I'm the father of her children."

Gabe laughed. "Dude, you're jealous!"

Jesse agreed, sitting back down after getting a spare. "I know that him being around your kids makes you mad, but you also don't like the thought of Summer being with someone new." 

I scoffed. "First of all, Vic isn't new. Do you remember how they fucked when Summer and I were still married?" I stated. They all sighed and nodded. "And second of all, I'm not jealous. I actually think Summer could have done a lot better than Vic. I feel bad for both of them. For Summer because she's stuck with that excuse for a singer, and for Vic because he will never live up to me." I smirked. 

I stood up for my turn. After picking up the bowling ball I took my turn. My anger ended up being an advantage, and I got a strike. I turned back to the boys. "I'm the best there ever was. 

"Hell yeah, man!" Gabe stood. We high-fived as he went to take him turn. 

"Summer can never replace me," I told them, my ego growing. Yes, I was being cocky. Yes, I was saying things I shouldn't have. No, didn't regret it at all. No, I will not take it back. Summer could have done a lot better than Vic. He'll cheat on her, just wait. And she'll be sad because she realized that he wasn't as great as she thought. He'll never be as great as Summer's first husband. 

Justin chuckled. "You think quite highly of yourself, don't you?" he teased. 

I shrugged. "I'm only saying the truth. The truth bites sometimes, but oh well."

"You know, it's hard to believe you and Vic used to be such great friends," Jesse mumbled, clearly amused. I guess my behavior was a little entertaining. I'm not usually think full of myself. 

I thought about what happened a long time ago, when Warped Tour 2012 was still going on and King for a Day was a huge hit. I thought about finding out that he got with my women. I thought about when I attacked him. In the time course between the summer of 2012 and early this year Vic changed, and not for the better. It is hard to believe that Vic and I used to be close, but it's not hard to accept. 

I sighed and sunk low into the leather seat I was sat in. "I just hope Vic is proud of the man he's become, because he isn't the man I thought he was." 

A/N: So this story might be put on hiatus for a little bit. Maybe until September? Idk. Comment and tell me your thoughts on the chapter. Please and thank you. Also don't forget to follow me on Instagram. Again, my new account is @_the_most_epic_fangirl_ :)

~Catt