Chapter 2

Merlin thought that he would get expelled for trying to assault the principals son. For those few seconds he was locked in the strong blonde mans arms he couldn't stop thinking about his mother. The pain in her eyes when she'd found out her son got expelled the first day of school. They couldn't afford it. The fancy estate for all the rich kids. It was simply too expensive. Lucky for them that they had Gaius. Gaius was an old family friend, and would always look after the two. The thing with Camelot, the school, is that all professors and teachers get free scholarships for their own children. Gaius gave his to Merlin and Hunith, considering the fact that he himself does not have any children, or family for that matter. He only have Merlin and his mother, and he could never wish for anything else.

Merlin was only stuck for a few seconds, but during that passing time he could only feel regret. Regret and so much more. When Arthur let go he wasn't surprised. He just thought he would grab his shoulder and lead him to his fathers office. Throw him in and scream about how he insulted him. How he attacked him and must be expelled immediately. So he held his head low and waited for the firm hand. But he didn't get a firm hand on his shoulder, or a curling hand in his hair. Or even a fist in his stomach. Nothing happened. He didn't touch him, or say anything. He heard some of the boys mumbling something like "I don't know".

Arthur cleared his throat. Merlin didn't look up. He knows what bullies like him does. They find it amusing to hurt you if you fight back. If you look up, even if you breathe. And he had already done all of the three so he had to step very carefully from this point on. So he stood still and remained mute. Eventually he felt a pair of soft fingers push his chin up. The touch was comforting as the man in front of him met his own gaze with his. Arthur's eyes were piercing blue and looked... Worried? "Are you okay?" He asked the raven haired boy in front of him. The others looked at him too. They all looked worried. Even the boy who he had tried to save for only a minute ago had stood up and looked at him with the same worry amongst the other boys. Arthur grabbed his shoulder, but not in a harsh way. The touch was firm, yet careful. Like the blonde was afraid to lose him but at the same time afraid he'd break.

Merlin looked around the room. He looked at the boy with brown short hair. He looked at the boy with his bare arms, the long haired punk boy, the bullied victim, and the blonde in front of him. His hair was shining in the sun from the window. Like liquid gold. Merlin could feel his heart pounding fast again. Like he would get another panic attack. That he would fall to the floor and cry like the child he is. So he shrugged of the hand and ran out of there. He ran straight down the hall. Until he stopped. Right in front of the wall. He looked left and right. He didn't know where to go. He didn't know where the toilets where. Or the best place to hide and cry for that case. Behind him the blonde shouted "don't run away!" And so Merlin did just that.

He turned right and ran as fast as he could. But he could hear someone was coming after him. The steps was getting closer and closer. He turned another right and looked behind him. He couldn't see anyone. He'd shaken him off, he thought. And then. The second he turned around, he smashed his face into a wall.