Chapter 33

June

The last week of the school year was always the craziest. Most of the boys would do the funniest and wildest things they could imagine. Of course one of them had to be a water fight.

They were in class with Gaius when they heard the commotion that unfolded outside the window. Elyan was seated right next to the window and almost got a heart attack when a water balloon hit the glass right next to his face. He literally grabbed the shirt fabric over his heart and let out a loud yelp. The rest of the students rushed to the glass and saw most of the other school students throw water balloons and squirt water bottles at each other. Everyone turned and looked begging at Gaius who sighed and gestured to the door as to saying that they could leave. Half of the students grabbed their own water bottles as they ran out of the classroom and down the corridor. They threw the doors open and sprinted over the grass towards the major water fight. Gwaine dashed for the bucket and grabbed five water balloons. He instantly aimed for Percival. But Percival was smart and wrapped his big muscular arms around Gwaine. Every single water balloon he was holding popped in his arms and both of the young men was suddenly soaking wet. Gwaine laughed and Percival chuckled through his smile. He leaned down and kissed Gwaine who was still tucked in his arms. Lancelot and Leon was spraying each other down with water bottles and Elyan was chasing one of the transgender students. She was laughing and threw various coloured water balloons at him but they were both having the time of their life. Arthur stood on the side line and watched the entire thing unfold. The screams and laughter was so loud that he clearly didn't hear Merlin sneak up behind him with a large bucket of water. Arthur was in shock when he suddenly was soaked wet. His shirt was sticking to his body showing of every muscle. Merlin was barely able to stand on his legs. He was laughing so much. Arthur instantly grabbed a half filled bottle of water and unscrewed the lid. Merlin opened his eyes and saw what he was about to do. "Oh no..." He held his hands out in front of him although he was still chuckling. "Arthur... God no..." Arthur grabbed him around his waist and poured the water down over his head. Merlin started to laugh. It was loud and happy. The both manage to slip on the soaking wet grass and they both his the ground. Arthur was on top of Merlin and held himself up with one arm. Merlin smiled suavely and pulled him down by his shirt. Their lips collided into an open and wet kiss. A happy and fun kiss. Arthur placed one arm under Merlins shoulder as another snuck under his shirt and up his back. Merlins hand was placed in Arthur's top and lower back, trying to push him deeper into the kiss. They were both interrupted when Gwaine and Leon dumped a bucket over them. Arthur looked mildly pissed but Merlin threw his head back and laughed. Arthur looked down and shook his head. "Shut up Merlin." They gathered up some more water balloons and continued the water fight. At one point even Ms. Nimueh joined the water fight. She skipped around in her cute purple summer dress with a pink underskirt and black jewellery. She grabbed as many water balloons she could muster and threw them at every student she could find. Even Elena joined. Besides it would be best for her to be there. In case a student got hurt. She ran around in a sixties dress with yellow flower print. She looked like a child as she skipped around. Jumping around with the others and even tackled some of the students, although in a gentle manner. She didn't want to create any accidents.

Uther was standing by the window in his office and watched the entire thing unfold. He was only seconds away from going down there to stop it all but he felt a hand on his shoulder and a rusty voice. "Let them have their fun Uther. They're not going to be young forever." Uther nodded and Gaius smiled. "I'll let this pass for today Gaius. But only for today."