Chapter 17

December

The snow had just started to fall. Merlin and Arthur was walking through campus, past the cricket field and back to the school building. Merlin was wearing a black coat, a red scarf and a black beanie. Arthur was wearing a beige bubble jacket and a grey beanie. Arthur had leather gloves on his hands while Merlin was using fingerless ones that was dark green. It felt weird for Merlin, having his bare fingers wrapped around Arthur's leather hand. But it was still a good feeling. It kept his hands warm and he felt safe. The snow was starting to cover the benches and you could barely see the ground anymore. The trees looked so dramatic. The dark wood being halfway covered with the strong white snow that was still falling from the sky.

As they walked they would discuss the holidays and how Camelot was now that it was December.

They had a school tradition that was this Christmas calendar where the students would do certain wild things. It would include dressing up, only answering in classes using song titles, some would even start singing modern Christmas songs in the dining hall and everyone would join. Yesterday someone had started singing Fairytale Of New York. Of course Uther wasn't so keen that a song like that was sung at his school and demanded to know who began singing it. He was quite surprised when Gaius took the blame and said he had started the sing along. It was expected that Gaius would get some harsh words thrown after him or be sent directly to Uther's office, but most of the students says that Gaius and Uther are sleeping together so that won't happen. The Knights did not way in since Arthur was present and he for one did not want to hear the sex theories about his father the boys were joking about. And who could really blame him. Although it was soon forgotten when Arthur was busted, dressing up as Santa wearing red jeans, a red sweater and a Christmas hat as he was throwing candy canes into classrooms during the classes. He did get his first strike but he walked out of Uthers office like a legend.

As they continued walking Arthur was so lost in his thoughts. Who really knew what he was thinking about but he was thinking about it so hard that he didn't even notice that Merlin had let go of his hand. The blonde snapped out of his thoughts as soon as he felt the snowball hit his head and drip down his neck. He turned fast and looked at Merlin who was trying really hard not to laugh. But he did not try hard enough. Arthur started running after his boyfriend. Merlin didn't notice at first but as soon as he did he turned around and flew through the air and towards the school. He was fast but Arthur was faster and suddenly he was down in the snow with Arthur on top of him. Merlin was still laughing and Arthur was smiling. He grabbed some snow and shovelled it in Merlins face. Merlin started waving with his hands, trying to stop the bigger man from drowning him in the ice cold frost. He dragged his hand over his face and got rid of the remaining snow. Merlin was slightly irritated but when he looked up and saw Arthur biting his lip from trying not to smile, Merlin burst into laughter. It was loud and lovely and Arthur followed quickly with his own laugh. The blonde leaned down and kissed the Raven haired boy as he was still smiling. They laid in the snow for a while jumping between kissing and laughing until Arthur got up on his feet and dragged Merlin up with him. He wrapped his arms around Merlins waist and Merlin rested his hands on Arthur's chest. The bigger boy leaned in to kiss the skinny boy and Merlin leaned in closer. They would have had another perfect kiss with the snow falling down around them if they weren't irrupted by twelve boys hanging out of the windows from the bedrooms as they yelled "wuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh" in unison. Arthur and Merlin turned to the voices. Merlin surprised and Arthur a mixture between irritated and smug. He yelled back at them. "Oh shut up!" But they just started laughing. Merlin rolled his eyes and leaned closer to Arthur and Arthur looked at Merlin. Deep into those blue eyes. Merlin smiled, wiggled his eyebrows and said. "Let's give them a show." He wrapped his hand around the blonde waist and kissed him deep. Arthur leaned in closer and Merlins back swayed. He lifted his right foot just a little from the ground and let his toes rest of the ground. Some of the guys would "wuuuh" and some would clap. Merlin leaned a little out of the kiss but had his arms still wrapped around Arthur. They slowly let go of each other and held hands as they walked back to the building. At one point Merlin grabbed Arthur's biceps with his free hand and gave it a little squeeze and rested his head on Arthur shoulder.

----------------------------------------------

"Merlin" the boys was walking down the hall to get to math class. When Merlin turned around he met Uther's eyes. They were cold as always yet he seemed a little shy. Almost uncomfortable. Merlin felt he looked terrified. Will told him later that he just looked like a nob.

"Merlin. A word." The others stopped and looked at Merlin. Waiting for him to say something. Well except Arthur. He knew what Uther would say. Merlin looked at the others before he mumbled questionably. Like he didn't really know what to say. "Go one you guys I'll catch up". The others walked doubtfully down the corridor, turning sometimes to look after their friend. When they rounded the corner Uther spoke. "So rumours are going around saying that you are..." Uther paused for a second before continuing. "... Dating my son". Merlin nodded slowly and doubtfully. "Are you going to ask me to stop doing so?" He sounded very insecure and he was. Truly. He waited for a "yes" from Uther but he never got it. "Actually I was going to ask you for dinner. At our house Sunday. Could you be interested?" Merlin had no idea what to say. His eyes was wide and his lips slightly parted. After a while he finally managed to mutter put a: "um... Yes... I'd... I'd love to.... Sir" Uther nodded sharp. "Very well then. You can speak to Arthur about the details." Merlin nodded and stuttered once again. "Um... Okay.... Sir" Uther gave him another sharp nod and walked down the corridor. Merlin was speechless.