Chapter 3

When we walk in the building, I gasp. Dad has taken me to a lot of buildings and places that probably costed a billion or so dollars to build. I would always be shocked and surprised. Just like now. The floor is made out of completely marble. The walls are snow white with crown moulding in the top and bottom. There are also some glass walls. Aside from that, there are decorations. Every where. From paintings, to fancy-looking plants, to statues. This place has the word "fancy" written all over it. I'm so impressed by all of this that I almost forgot about the plan.

After I did a ton of research on the boys last night, which made me realize that I now know way too much information, a light bulb lit up in my head. Since my dad is always busy, I never get to present the songs I've written. Or the songs that I've done covers on, which are posted on YouTube and most of them got about 10,000 hits. I looked over at the guitar that I had borrowed from Lara. If I could prove to my dad that I put a lot of effort into my music, he would probably be so proud that he'd buy me my own guitar, like the one Taylor Swift has, and maybe pay my ticket for my trip to France that I had always been dreaming about. Also, that fact that I did research on the boys shows that I'm trying my best to convince everyone that I'm the world's number one directioner. At exactly 9:53 pm last night was the time I had created my best, and most risky, idea yet. I just hope that I won't blow it.

"Are you coming or what?" Das asks, impatiently.

"Oh, yeah," I mumble, hurrying to the end of the hallway, trying to hide my smile.

We keep walking for what it seems to be like hours. Finally, I see green walls/backgrounds, props, cameras, etc. and I know we're at the heart of the place where all the magic happens.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe we're actually here! Where are the boys?!" I shriek, remembering what I have to do. A blonde lady wearing five inch heels hears us and smiles. She walks over and politely shakes my dad's hand.

"Hi, I'm Lindsey," she says to my dad and turns to me. "And you must be Maddy, the biggest directioner ever! Your father has told me many things about you!"

"Hi!" I say, trying to fake a smile. I suck at this. I sound way too perky. "It's very nice to meet you! Can I, um, meet the boys?"

"Of course," she nods. "As long as it's okay with your father?" she looks at Dad.

"It's okay," Dad smiles. "Why would I stop my only daughter from meeting her idols?" Damn. He's good. Way too good. Lindsey gestures me to another huge hallway. I look at her confused, but excited, and she sighs. We both walk in silence. This couldn't get more awkward.

"Harry?" she calls out to no one. "Harry! I know you're in here some where so stop hiding!"

I suck in my breath. I can feel my stomach twisting. Why am I so nervous? Sure, I've had quite a few dreams of Harry and I dating and flirting with each other and all, but those are just dreams. And I don't even like them. Especially their music. Except for maybe a couple of them...

"Yeah?" Someone yells with an adorable accent. Just then, I see him. I see his dark brown gorgeous curly hair. I can see his dimples because he is smiling. At who? At Lindsey? I look over to her, but she has an impatient look on her face. I turn around around to check if anybody is behind us, but nobody is there. I turn back around and Harry is still smiling. I suppose he's smiling at me. But why? In horror, I can feel my face blush.