Chapter 10

The sound of an alarm clock wakes me and I quickly turn it off. I roll over to my other side, eyes still shut, when I feel someone's presence. I forcefully open my eyes, revealing Lara beside me. What the heck? We must've fallen asleep while FaceTiming Harry last night. In response, I find my phone under the covers with 15% of battery left.

"Shit," I curse under my breath. I find my charger in my drawers and I plug it in. Before I set it down, I get a new text.

From Harry:

Good morning, Beautiful. Hope I didn't wake you, x.

I can feel my heart leap. I've always wondered what it feels like to get a good morning text from a guy. I realize that it's almost 8:00 am so I shut my phone off. Smiling, I stand up and walk over to my dresser. Any doubt I had yesterday about not being 'good enough' is washed away by Harry, the only guy in the world who has ever made me feel beautiful. I find a pair of high waisted shorts, along with a crop top from Brandy Melville. The scene that occurred in the janitor's closet, when I revealed my secret to Harry, flashes through my my mind. Even though I can always put some foundation, bronzer, and powder on my arms, I don't want to risk it. It's bad to put chemicals on my scars, anyway, especially if they're not 100% healed. I put back the crop top where it belongs and I grab a cropped sweater from Victoria's Secret.

I step out of the shower, grabbing my towel off of the rack. A shiver runs through my spine when the cold tiles make contact with my bare feet. I wrap the towel around my body before I head out to my room across the hall.

"Hey," Lara says, standing up from my bed as I open the door. "My mom just called me and said that my cousins are coming today." I walk over to my dresser and grab my hairbrush.

"I thought they were coming on Sunday?" I ask, brushing my wet hair.

"They're leaving for Florida on Sunday so they decided to come a few days early so we can hang out before they have to go. I'm sorry." When my hair is tangled-free, I turn around.

"It's okay. You can go now if you want to," I say softly. Lara comes over and hugs me.

"Thanks. Have fun today with your boyfriend." We both laugh and Lara leaves, closing the door behind her.

When I'm all dressed and ready, I head downstairs to grab some breakfast. I'm half way through my bowl of Lucky Charms when my dad comes in and grabs a banana from the counter. He's still in his pajamas.

"Do you have plans today?" Dad asks me. I give him a blank expression.

"Oh, I didn't tell you?" Dad chuckles. "It's cancelled today."

"W-what?" I stutter. How could've he forgotten? "When did they cancel it? And why?"

"I cancelled it yesterday because I want the boys to know their lines before meeting with their choreographer," Dad responds. Lines? Why do they have to know lines for a music video? And why didn't he tell me yesterday when we were going home home? Or last night? He is getting on my last nerve. He never tells me anything, making me feel like an idiot. I was really looking forward to seeing the beautiful curly brown haired boy. I mean Harry. I mean the boys. I think I'm going crazy. Dad goes back upstairs, to his office most likely, leaving me with me and my thoughts. Now I really wish Lara hadn't gone home. I finish my bowl of cereal and I'm about to load it in the dishwasher when I hear the doorbell ring.

"I got it!" I yell to nobody in particular. I don't even look out at the window to see who it is, like I usually do, because I'm so lost in my thoughts. I unlock and open the door, silently thanking Lara for remembering to lock it, and I find myself staring at Harry's magical green eyes.