Chapter 8

<HARRY'S POV>

"I won't," I promise. Why would I ever tell anyone what she's about to tell me? Secrets are meant to be kept.

"Perhaps it would be easier if I show you," Maddy says, finally turning around. For a half a second I look at her confused. The next half second, I look down at her arms. I gasp.

"My goodness, love," I whisper. I take her arms lightly and I examine her scars. When I first met Maddy, I was awed by her beauty. When I saw her crying, and now when she's showing me her scars, she still is beautiful. Her scars are kind of deep; fortunately, they're healing.

"I'm sorry," Maddy apologizes again, still crying. I hate to see her cry.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"For cutting. For showing you."

"Why would you be sorry for that?"

"I don't know. I was just scared."

"Scared of what?"

"That you might judge me." I cup her cheeks with my hands, forcing her to look at me.

"Maddy, love, I would never judge you. You will always be beautiful to me no matter what."

"Thank you, Harry," she says, hugging me. I hug her back.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I ask.

"What?" She lets go of me. Shit.

"Um, I... I'm just wondering."

"Are you flirting with me?" Maddy giggles.

"Flirt?" I smirk. "I don't flirt like that."

"Then how do you flirt?" I smile.

<MADDY'S POV>

Harry and I have been chatting in this closet for about half an hour. Again. To be honest, I don't mind. When I caught him 'flirting' with me, I knew he liked me. I think he likes me. No, why would he like me? This is stressing me out.

"Earth to Maddy," Harry says.

"Huh?"

"I asked you what your plans are for the summer," Harry chuckles.

"Oh, sorry, I..."

"Were you thinking about me?"

"What? No!" I lie. I can feel my cheeks burning.

"Tell me what you're thinking," he says softly. I sigh. I was never good at lying so I tell him the truth.

"I told you. I wasn't flirting." I guess I was wrong. He doesn't like me.

"Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking." Harry smiles, revealing his adorable dimples.

"Shouldn't we get going?" I ask.

"I suppose." Harry stands up, giving me a hand.