Chapter 21

{a/n: thank you for 2k+ reads! i hope you like this chapter!}

MADDY'S POV

I must've had a confused look on my face because Harry started explaining. He had told me that Victoria is the head of a gossip magazine and the only reason why he went with her is because he wants a good article written about us. I appreciate his concern, but he could've told me. There wasn't really a chance for him to do so, but he could've at least warned me about her or something. I know he's protecting me, but I sometimes feel like he's being too protective. He's starting to treat me like a five year old child like my parents used to do. He's also starting be a little bossy; telling me what and what not to do. To be honest, it's getting a little irritating. I don't dare complain because I don't want to hurt his feelings.

After his explanation, we started walking again in silence. We both got a little thirsty because of the heat so Harry went back to the house to grab something to drink.

"Where is he?" I mutter to myself. It has been about ten minutes. I stand up, dust the sand off of me, and walk back to the house.

HARRY'S POV (RECAP)

"It's getting a little hot out here, do you want to go back inside?" I ask Maddy.

"Nah, it's okay. I'm a bit thirsty though."

"I'll go grab something for us to drink, yeah?" She nods.

"Will you be alright here by yourself?"

"Harry, I'll be fine," she snaps. The way she said that stung a little. It seems like she doesn't want my concern or protection. Maybe I overdo it, but I don't care. She is fragile and people can break her easily. I can't let that happen. I hear a voice inside my head.

Give her some space.

Yeah, maybe I should. It looks like she's annoyed by me, anyway.

No, what are you doing? She NEEDS you, Harry.

I shake my head, trying to clear my mind, as I run back to the house.

"Hey, mate," Louis says sheepishly. He's acting stranger than usual. I walk over to the kitchen and grab two water bottles.

"Harry, there's something I need to tell you," Louis says.

"HARRY BEAR!" I freeze as I hear a familiar voice scream. No, that can't be her. Why is she even here? I set the water bottles on the granite counter top and turn around. Sure enough, that 22-year old blonde woman who I regret dating is now standing twenty feet in front of me.

"Um, hey..." I trail off, not knowing what to say.

"Oh, I think I hear Zayn calling me. Coming!" Louis says, out of no where, to nobody in particular. With that, he runs away. Thanks a lot, Lou.

"What are you doing here?" I question.

"It's nice to see you, too." I give her a weak smile.

"Well, I'm leaving for tour soon and I thought I'd pay a visit."

"Who let you in?"

"Doesn't matter." Silence fills up the room. I need to come up an excuse to leave because this woman makes me uncomfortable and Maddy would freak out if she finds out she's here. Maddy! I completely forgot about her! Taylor comes closer to me. I try to step back, but I realize that she got me cornered.

"Listen, Tay," I mumble. "It's really nice seeing you, but I really can't right now. I'm busy." She puts her small hands on my chest and frowns.

"Why? Isn't it your day off today or something?" I slowly nod and she smiles.