Bonding.

"Sooo... Wanna talk about it?" Hadley's soft voice whispered from beside me.

My eyes hadn't even opened yet and she was already awake and jittery and who knows what.

"I know you're awake." She stated just before her finger made contact with my cheek.

"Coooommee oooonnnn... Get up. Get up. Get up." With every short sentence she stabbed her finger into my cheek again and again and again.

"Alright!" I growled out, shoving her hands away from my face before rubbing a hand down my face. "I'm not even awake and you've freaking drained every ounce of energy I have. How is that even possible?"

"It's a gift." Was her chirpy reply before i felt her bounce off the bed and out the door. "Breakfast's in the kitchen."

"Hmmm... Maybe she isn't as bad as i thought..." my stomach begging for food as I made my way out the room.

"I heaaard that!"

"Oh god. Save me now." I groaned as i rounded the corner into the kitchen. She would never let me live those words down.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"So you want to tell me about last night?"

Those were the first words out of Hadley's mouth after we'd finished breakfast.

With a groan I continued to scrub at the dishes in the sink. She'd made breakfast, I'd wash the dishes. However I was kind of hoping to avoid the whole subject of last night, but I guess I'd set my sights too high.

"Cole..." her voice turned stern.

Yeap, i was not getting out of this one. With a sigh i placed the last dish on the rack to dry, pulled out the plug and grabbed the dishtowel to dry my hands.

"Yeah?" I wonder how long I can avoid this topic.

"Last night. Explain."

Clearly not very long...

"She was rude. I put her in her place. We left. End of story."

"Not quite... Sure you were angry but you kind of lost your shit at the end of the whole thing. Explain."

Well I guess we weren't beating around the bush then...

"What can I say she pushes my buttons. She just managed to push me a step further than anyone else usually does." I shrugged.

"You realise that I'm the Beta for a reason right? I know that you're still trying to beat around the bush, seeing as she definitely hit a nerve last night. So just explain it." She replied casually taking a sip of her coffee as her eyes stayed on my figure, i guess she really wasnt going to let it go.

"It's a long story."

"And I have time." She replied nonchalantly.

"Hadley."

"Cole."

"Fine. My entire life I've been living in the shadow of my great and wonderful parents. Everyone expects me to be someone I'm not. They expect me to live in this perfect little square where i can do no wrong, climb the corporate ladder, work for my parents.

They want me to dress, act and live a certain way. They want me in the confines of everything they deem acceptable and perfect. Its as though im not suppossed to have my own thoughts or be different. But I am. I've always known I am. My parents want me to be exactly like the rest of my siblings, seen and not heard, the poster children for the wealthy and successful. But I can't be, I can't be this obedient little lap dog that they want.