Chapter Thirteen

It's been three weeks since Calum and I officially ended, and I've never felt so empty. Being in a relationship with Luke was like being trapped in a jail cell, not because he made me miserable or anything, he was a great boyfriend, but I was unhappy because I knew that I wasn't with who I was supposed to be with. Luke treated me like an absolute princess, he would tell me how special I was, and he'd bring me presents, and it was nice and all, but I just didn't want a relationship like this. I missed Calum and the way we vibed together, I missed running my hands through his wavy hair, and tracing over the tattoo he had.

"Chelsea?" Luke asked, shaking me out of my thoughts. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look.... pale. You don't look yourself. You look flushed, ya know. Kinda out of it."

"I'm fine." I lied, adjusting my posture. "I'm just a little tired."

"You can nap on my bed if you want. I'm just going over sheet music."

"I'm fine." I said more assertive, looking him in the eyes. I wasn't trying to cope an attitude with him and start an argument, but I was agitated with just about anything at the moment.

"Sorry." He mumbled, flipping through the stack of stapled papers.

I sighed, going over to the stool he was sitting on, and rubbing his shoulders as I apologized.

"Don't sweat it babe. I get that you're stressed."

"It's not that I'm stressed I'm just unhappy for some reason."

"Is it because of me?" He asked softly, his bright blue eyes having a faint water to them. "If I did anything wrong, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I'm sure of it."

"It's nothing you did. It's me."

"Oh." He mumbled under his breath. "Hey our one month is next week. What do you wanna do?"

"What?"

"What." He laughed. "I asked what you want to do next week."

"For our one month?"

"Yeah." He smiled, nearly blushing. "What have you never done anything to celebrate an anniversary?"

I shook my head no, smiling at the thought of how sweet Luke was being. I explained to him how I'd be okay with a surprise, and he mentioned how excited he was getting to plan everything out. I couldn't stop smiling since Luke was being such a gem, not many boys plan things for anniversaries, especially a one month. Calum and I were together for three months, and not once did he and I do anything to "celebrate".

I looked down at his sheet music, scanning each paper as he flipped through them, explaining the meaning behind each song.

"I wrote this one about you a while ago." He smiled, holding up a paper with the title 'Beside You'. I read the lyrics, nearly in tears as Luke sang them. It was a beautiful song, and I loved every bit of it.

"You wrote this?"

"With help of course, I can't take all the credit."

"It's really good." I smiled. "Haven't you boys ever thought of taking your career one step further?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why don't I come to your next practice and film a video of you guys and we upload it on YouTube?"

"I don't think so." He protested. "People at school don't know us as "the boys in a band". They know us as the hot, bad boys."

"The hot bad boy who's dating his tutor? The tutor he'd bully every damn day? People can see you in a different perspective you know? You're good at what you do, and people will respect that. I'm sure they will."

"Maybe." He said quietly, piercing his lips together. "I'll have to talk to the other guys about it."

"Well whenever your next practice is, I'd like to be there."

"Sounds good babe." He smiled, kissing my cheek. I laughed, turning away, but not being able to help myself as Luke bombarded me with kisses. I took his cheeks in my hands as our noses touched, giggling as my hands moved up to his hair. He laughed as well, moving the sheet music from his lap as some fell to the floor. I bent down to pick them up, feeling the wind knocked out of me as Luke tackled me to the ground.

"Way to ruin the mood." I said sarcastically, looking into his sparkling eyes.

"I love you."

"Who?"

"You." He smiled, in between my straddled legs. I felt my back touching the cold wood floor as Luke held onto my wrists. "You are the most beautiful girl in the world."

"As well as the luckiest."

I blushed as he sat up, pulling me up with him. He began to just look at me, causing me to give him a strange look. I love how he admired me, he was a truly great boyfriend. But something just wasn't right, and as horrible as I felt for continuing to pretend that I was over Calum, there wasn't much I could do, I wasn't. But Calum chose to be stubborn, and he let me go.

Luke wouldn't do that.

+

short and bad but we're getting somewhere. DM me some suggestions on how you want this story to go because I lowkey feel like I'm at a dead end. you can either message me on Wattpad or DM me on Twitter at @/muukewithme or @/SLFL2016