Chapter Two

"Luke said being tutored on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday's are his best days."

I rolled my eyes, wishing all of this was just a dream, but it wasn't. I stood in my calculus class, five minutes late for my lunch date with Calum as my teacher told me all about tutoring the most idiotic boy I knew.

"Okay." I stuttered, shuffling my feet. "At the library, or where? I could ask my mom if he could-"

"He says he'd prefer if it was at his home."

"Really?" I asked, feeling my heart drop.

"Really." He confirmed. "I told him that you were the most gorgeous girl in the class and that you'd be tutoring him, don't take it the wrong way, it was just to get him to be okay with the whole tutor idea."

I looked at him with my eyes wide as inside I was laughing hysterically. "So, I'm tutoring him today?"

"If that's alright. 3:45 after school at his house." He mumbled, writing Luke's address on a post it note and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled weakly, taking the paper and walking out. "For sending me to my death bed." I mumbled under my breath.

"Where have you been?" Calum laughed, handing me a brown bag.

"Sorry Mr. Tulo was talking to me."

"What about?"

"Tutoring."

"You need to be tutored? That's hard to believe Chels. You're literally the smartest girl I know."

"Not for me." I laughed. "For my most favorite person in the world!"

"Sarcastic much?" He asked. "Well, I'll let you know that your most favorite person in the world, me, doesn't need calculus tutoring. I'm actually pretty damn smart."

"Not for you."

"Then who?" He asked, taking a long pause before he finally realized who it was. "No."

"Mmhm." I frowned, shaking my head. "Luke ass Hemmings."

"Chels..."

"I don't want to." I mumbled, feeling my tears return to my eyes. "I don't want this."

"You don't deserve this either."

"Why me?" I asked. "Out of all people to be tutored it had to be him."

"Just say no."

"Mr. Tulo would kill me if I backed out."

"Man I'm sorry." He mumbled. "Anyways, how's the peanut butter sandwich?"

"Great." I smiled as the bell rang.

"Time for anatomy?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and messing up my hair.

We walked down the halls, girls looking  at me with laughter filled in their eyes, and boys looking at Calum as if he was crazy. It was weird being walked to a class, I felt as if we had nothing to talk about, and even though it killed me to not say anything, I knew it'd be better to stay silent.