Chapter Five

"Can we actually study now?" I asked, looking up at Luke from across the table. "After our adventure to the fountain, you promised to study for the test!"

"And I will!" He mumbled. "When I'm not distracted!"

"Distracted?" I laughed. "Just focus."

He sighed, resting his head on his book, then looking back up at me and turning the page.

"I-Hate-This." He mentioned, flipping me off. I laughed at his childish comeback to me somewhat lecturing him, but it was whatever since it was his test score and not mine.

"Can't we play music?" He pleaded. "Just one song?"

"Ugh fine." I caved, standing up. "Since I don't want to pretend study anymore we can play, but only one song!"

"Promise?"

"Promise." I sighed. We walked to his music room, I grabbed a bass then immediately took a seat on one of his stools.

He started off the beat to the song 18 by One Direction which made me laugh a little since I didn't know he even knew they existed. I didn't think anything of his selection until he began to move close to me, then back away shaking his head. As the song ended, I looked at him, not saying anything but just being silent since I was curious about his behavior.

"You know." He said in a hushed tone as he moved closer to me. "You're really beautiful."

"Thanks." I smiled, backing away from him.

As he began to lean in, I sucked my head down, causing him to kiss the wall, then give me a strange look.

"I can't do that." I mumbled.

"Why not?" He asked. "You guys aren't dating. You're free for anybody."

"But I've given my heart away. My heart isn't up for grabs anymore."

"You're what I wished for." He whispered under his breath, probably thinking I didn't hear him even though I did.

"What?" I asked loudly. "Say it again please?"

"I wished for you." He mumbled again.

I looked at him with anger in my eyes as he ran his tongue over his lip ring, sending chills through my body. I wanted to say something to comfort him, but I was so furious with him there was no way I could.

"No." I stuttered, looking at him sternly. "Don't do this to me. Don't say you like me, or you love me, because it's too late Luke. You lost any chance you ever had because of the way you treated me all these years. No matter what happens with Calum and I, I will never love you in that way."

He looked at me as if he wanted to cry. Not saying anything, but just observing me as I breathed shakily.

"Bye Luke." I scoffed, leaving his bedroom.

And he let me.

That was just another sign to let all of his feelings pass by me. It's not that I didn't care, it was because it wouldn't ever happen. Even if I did love him, there would be no way in hell I'd be comfortable with kissing him, or making love to him. There was just no way.

"Calum?" I asked, as he answered his phone. I attempted to hide my shaky voice, but failed since Calum could read me like a book. He told me that he would pick me up and take me out to make me feel better, but I just felt terrible since I had practically told off Luke. I felt as if I allowed myself to fall back into a depression, a depression full of bullying from one Luke Hemmings and all of his terrible friends.

***
veryyyyyy short, but I'm redoing this story at the moment and I'm trying to update every part :)