The Ruby of Patience

Laurances POV

I had to keep pushing leaves and branches out of my way. There were a couple times that the branch came and hit me in the face.

"Be quiet! The bandits are going to hear you from a mile away!" Garroth shouted.

"Im not the one yelling. And are you getting hit with branches? No. Because your walking behind me. Feel free to walk in front of me." I whispered. Garroth walked in front of me and we continued on. After a while we came to a bandit camp.

"I will hold off the bandits, you go look for the ruby or amethyst." I said and Garroth nodded. I ran into the center of the camp.

"Hola! Hello! Bonjor!" I didnt know what to say so I just said hello three times. They surrounded me and i held up my sword and started swinging. If they werent dead then they backed up. Then everyone parted and i saw one of the bandits with a sword to Garroths neck.

"Is this your friend?" The bandit asked me. Oh no. Quick Laurance think of something.

"Are you blind!? Thats Garroth, heir to throne of O'Khasis. Can you not see his clothing from O'Khasis!? I am his... Personal guard. What would O'Khasis do if you hurt either one of us?" I said thinking quickly. The bandit immediately dropped his sword.

"Im sorry sir. Take whatever you would like. Please. Just spare us." The bandits moved away quickly. Garroth and I shared a quick look then ran in to find something.

After a while Garroth pulled a Ruby with a blue tint out of a box. "Here."

Dantes POV

Dale and I started our search through the town. It was massive but we didnt dare split up. If something were to happen to one of us, the other wouldnt know. I had to stop Dale a couple times from buying a root bear.

"But it calms the nerves. It's exactly what you need. I cant understand how stressed this is making you." Dale said after having me pull him away from a merchant booth.

"Dale the only thing in this world that could make me not stressed is having Aphmau in good health with me here right now." I said with a sigh. Dale patted me on the back.

"Aphmau is strong. She will get through this." He said and we continued walking around.