It Was Just A Nightmare

Aphmaus POV

I woke up panting in my purple bed. What was that?!

"Aphmau! Aphmau its ok. Im right here." Dante said.

"W-What happened?" I asked.

"It was just a nightmare Aphmau. Youre safe I promise." Dante hugged me.

"Thank you Dante."

"For what?" Dante asks, pulling away from the hug.

"For protecting me. You know you can stop whenever you want to though right?" Dante looks at me like im stupid. 

"I almost lost you forever, and you think I would just leave you!?" Dante sighs. "Just go back to sleep, ok?" I nod and fall into a deep sleep. 

Dantes POV

Aphmau went back to sleep looking adorable as usual. Shes still having the nightmares, although I cant blame her. She seems to be perfectly fine during the day, but at night, shes fragile and afraid. Irene, its hard to think of how just days ago Aphmau was dead and I was going to go... be with her... and I thought I loved her as a sister and now... I dont know how I ever thought that. I love her so much its crazy. I realized it was past time for the next persons shift so I left quickly and walked into the guard station. Garroth had left me a note on the table saying he was going to take second shift. I opened his door quietly.

"Garroth! Youre taking second shift, Its time to get up!" I whispered.

"Mom give me five more minutes. Unless you have cake." Garroth mumbled burring his head deeper into his pillow. I went into the kitchen and got a cold glass of water. And poured it on Garroths head.

"GAH! IM UP. IM UP!" He rushed to put on his armor and ran out of the house. I smiled and shook my head. I walked to my room when Laurance came out of his. 

"Laurance? What are you doing up?" I asked, leaning on my door.

"Garroths screaming woke me up. But while im awake Garroth and I wanted to ask you something." Laurance folded his arms and look as if he was getting ready to lecture me.

"Go ahead. Ask away."

"Do you like Aphmau?" I could feel my face heat up. I felt as if I was on fire.

"So you do. You have been acting weird since you had your time with Aph when she died. What happened exactly?" Lauance had that ridiculous smirk of his painted on his face.

"Im going to get some sleep. Night Laurance." 

("Whatever. You talk in your sleep so I will just see if I can get it out of you that way.") Laurance mumbled something but I couldnt hear it. 

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Night Dante."