Chapter 6: The Messager

"Nepeta I can't read it. What does it say?" questions Terezi standing behind Nepeta. The small cat girl was shivering in excitement. It read

Dear Terezi

I've never seen a prettier girl in my whole life. <3 <3 You look great everyday and also have a awesome sense of fashion for a blind girl. <3 <3 At lunch meet me outside near the school pool at 1:45pm sharp. I'll be waiting <3 <3 <3 <3 

Your Secret Admirer 

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! Oh me gosh oh my gosh! Ships! Ships! My ships! AAAAAAAH!" Squealed Nepeta. Nearby some classmates glared at her in amazement. Some held their ears in pain. No one knew such a tiny girl could make such a high pitched squealed.

"Nepeta!" Terezi said clasping a hand over her friend's mouth. "I've already lost a sense I don't need another one gone. I know your excited but I need help"

Karkat read over the note a couple of times. How? How the actual hell?

Dearest loner guy <3

I noticed you were staring and I think your cool! <3 <3 I like you too so let's meet. Lunch time at 1:45pm near the fountain in front of school! <3 <3 I hope you turn up <3 

Your love

Terezi <3 <3

He'd been standing in front of his locker staring at it for awhile. Terezi? As in Terezi Pyrope? His mind was filled with amazement. She likes him. A blush flared up on his face. If love was a drug he was an addict. A storm of feelings were brewing up. Karkat pressed the love note to his chest. With one hand he opened his locker and shuffled through a pile of old homeworks. After a few minutes he finally found what he was looking for. A small glass scalemate Keychain. The transparent glass had red and teal glitter swirling around it. 

Karkat had got it in the merchandise store from the Sburb gaming website. Weeks before he figured that if GC like the tiny dragons then most girls like Terezi might like them. It was more due to the fact that he had ,while walking past them, saw a similar dragon plush in her locker. It wasn't hard to make the connection that most Sburb players liked these things. He found them alright. Not terrible but at the same time not too loveable. His love of them grew the more he hung out with GC however.

He dangled the small dragon in front of his face. Yesterday night. Oh gog. How could he ever forget? The kiss. He gently placed the tiny charm back. Did he get this for GC or Terezi? Karkat face palmed. Stupid past me why did you have to make things so complicated?! Argh! If I could have told you about what was happening right now my gog you would have a long long lecture. Wait no I don't wanna turn into Kankri. A non-Kankri like lecture. Something about becoming his older brother was disturbing. How he has friends he didn't know. Picking up his bag he slowly migrated to his class. The love note was quickly slipped into his black Jean pocket before anyone else noticed. 

Lunch couldn't come quick enough. It was really frustrating. Just having to sit quietly in class. He had sat down in the back of the class again. His eyes, now naturally, shifted towards the door. Sure enough the familiar cackling of Terezi could be heard. She, Neepa and Serket sat in their usual spot. The teacher after taking the register started talking about shapes. Like I need to know this in life. Stupid colourful mis-matched shapes! 

A polite knock sounded, waking up a dozing Karkat. A creepy teen walked in dressed as a skeleton. It was like a clown died and came back as a mute corpse. Following after him was Karkat's only friend Gamzee. The two boys had a nest of unruly hair. Both wore familiar looking clown paint and looked quite similar. The teacher's face morphed between annoyed and terrified. Kurloz, the mute teen, quickly told the teacher why his younger brother was late in a flurry of hand movements. What bugged Karkat was the old fool probably had no clue what he was saying. Not that he knew himself. The teacher just nodded and told Gamzee to said down. He received smiles from the both of them. Before leaving Kurloz said something else.