Chapter 10: The Talk

The crabby male never liked waking up in the morning. This day was no different. However the fact that it was the weekend just wound him up further. How did he get himself in this mess? First what happened with Vriska, to the rumours she spread, to crushing on the blind girl and then to top it all off have another girl kiss him which in the end turned out to be the blind girl. So yes sometimes Karkat Vantas wonders how his life had turned into this. This cluster of coincidences and missing information.

Why does my life feel like one of my Romcoms? They might as well shove this story in a book somewhere for readers to yell as the screen in frustration. I know I would. Currently the grumpy Vantas was in Kankri's car once more as his brother insisted on driving him there. This meant that Karkat had to awkwardly ask Kanaya to wait for him at the mall rather than his house. 

Terezi woke up slightly dazed and confused. Was that all a dream? Then it came crashing down on her. Gamzee had actually tried to drown her. In a strange sense she was glad that Karkat was the one to save her. Ever since he had helped her to her locker she would always check the air to see if he was nearby. She'd never approach him though when Vriska was around which was most of the time. Vriska didn't exactly have the most friendly relationship with him. A thought crossed her mind. The love letter. Was it sent by Gamzee or someone working with Gamzee? Shivers ran up her spine as she remember the dark blurs and the cold water. I'm never going near the pool again.

A knock sounded by the door. Terezi turned in her bed to face the door or rather in the general direction.

"Yo Tez can I come in?" A voice said. The girl knew exactly who it was. A smile spread across her face.

"Yeah"

The door opened slowly. The head of Latula peeked out behind it. Seeing that she was still in bed she closed the door quietly behind her and sat on her sister's bed.

"Sup lil sis? You sleep well?" Latula asked in her loud and exaggerated manner.

"Latula it's ok you don't need to pretend. I'm the only one in the room"

Latula's smile faltered slightly. "What do ya mean?"

Terezi sat up to face her. "You don't need to act like that when I'm around. Besides I'm the only one in this room and I don't need to go deaf too"

Latula's smile fell. All night she couldn't sleep. No note from her mother. No replies from her phone. What was going on?

"Yeah your right. I've just been a bit stressed". She wasn't sure if she wanted Terezi to know. Only yesterday she had been so close to death and now their mother was gone.

"What's wrong? Did Mituna say something?"

"No it wasn't Mituna it's something else"

"What is it then?" Terezi said.

"I'll tell you later. Just curious but did you wake up and leave the window open?" Latula quickly changed the subject noticing a slight breeze. The sound of Latula closing her bedroom window puzzled Terezi for a moment.

"I don't think so..."

"Huh well breakfast is ready downstairs but just a heads up the band is coming over in a few hours. Which reminds me...why did you ask me to invite mini Kankri into the band?"

Terezi blushed a bright red earning a smirk from Latula.

"Um...long story"

"I'm all ears"