Chapter 20: The End Part 2

A/N: MUST READ- OK So before we start I'm guessing you all notice the video above. DON'T PLAY IT. Spoilers for whats coming but you might have already figured it out. There will be another Author's Note telling you when to play. You don't have to but it would be nice. Anyways carry on!

"Hope we're on time Latula said to meet here at five" Terezi said walking through the door. She almost walked straight into Karkat. Kanaya couldn't help but smile from behind her watching the two.

"Hey Karkat what are you doing here?"

"Terezi I have something to tell you"

"Oh ok" she said slightly surprised as he quickly held her hand and lead her down to the basement. "Is this the surprise?" She asked. It was pitch black and though she couldn't 'see' very clearly there was the faint smell of nervousness emanating from Karkat.

"Shhhh" he said gently leading her to the couch. Shivers ran down her spine as he said that. Kanaya had quietly tip toed down the stairs and switched the lights on. Pink rays bounced off of the disco ball dancing around the walls while the fairy light twinkled on and off. The young Libra looked around in amazement. She turned her head back to Karkat who seemed to be standing in front of a liquorice smelling stick. Intrigued she noticed the rest of the band standing behind him. She tilted her head as they started playing.

(A/N: Play the music)

Three years I've spent on this rock

Cursing the stars in my abyss

I self prophesied my despair

If only myself to blame for it

Some people say trails like these

Show you who really is a friend

And that's why I promised myself

I'd never be ruled by this again

I wonder why you are the only exception

You are the only exception 

Baby I know it somewhere

Deep in my soul

These things never last

I just have to find other ways

To make it alone or keep a brave face.

And I've always lived like this

Keeping a comfortable distance

And up until now could have sworn

That I was content with loneliness

Because none of it was ever worth the risk

You are the only exception 

I'd like to think I've got a tight grip on reality

I try to focus on the things I have left

I know in your heart I'm only his replacement

but there's a special place in mine for my only friend

Woah

You are the only exception 

And I'm on my way to accepting 

As soon as the song finished Terezi enveloped him in a tight hug. She had tears streaming down her eyes as she smiled. "You were CG all this time"

"I didn't know how else to say it" They leaned back at bit. Terezi's arms were around his shoulders and Karkat's arms around her waist. They both stared deeply into each other's eyes. Meanwhile the others silently left the two to themselves.

Karkat took a deep breath.

"Terezi, ever since I met you you're always somehow been the highlight of my day. I love listening to you talk about the stars in Sburb. Your smile always cheers me up. You send my heart racing a million miles. You've made my life better. I've made so many friends like Kanaya and Latula. Without you I would never be as happy as I am now. No amount of words could describe how much I love you. So I guess what I'm asking is will you be mine forever" He blushed looking away as Terezi quietly giggled at his embarrassment. She delicately placed her hand on his cheek turning his head to look back at her. A light blush cover both of their faces.

"Karkat...I think deep down after the bus trip I knew all along. My crush for Dave long disappeared once I realised how much you cared about me then him. I'm so happy that it's you. I feel like I should be thanking you Karkles. You made me realise that Vriska was having a bad influence on me. Over the last few years she's tricked me into feeling weak and worthless but...I've never thought of anyone loving me as much as you do. I've had the courage to stand up to her now. You given me so much. Confidence, self worth, a shoulder to cry on and love. Let's be together forever"

Both smiled brightly acknowledging each other's love. Karkat leaned into her hand closing his eyes. It was just like a beautiful dream except it was reality. They moved back and forth slow dancing. They didn't need music to show their affection. Once they stopped they leaned their foreheads together then their lips met in the middle for a gentle kiss. It was nothing like their rough kisses before. It was slow and loving. Terezi's lips were warm and soft like velvet. Karkat's heart sped up faster than he knew was possible. Her cheeks were slightly wet from her tears but so was his. Time no longer seemed to go forward and that was fine with Karkat. He was finally with the girl he loved so much. When they stopped both lovers couldn't stop smiling.

Let's be together forever

A/N: Wow it's over. I'd like to thank everyone who has managed to read this till the end. Thank you to everyone who's voted and commented on this story. It's always made my day knowing someone likes my writing. : D. I seriously cannot thank you enough!

I'm planning on making a Q&A