Chapter 6

Madison's POV:

We are walking towards Alyssa's house, which isn't very far from my house. We are there in ten minutes. We walk in and the house erupts into little barks from Snickers. "Aww, Baby did Mommy forget to let you out?" I coo as I go rescue him from his cage in her bedroom.

"I did not! He is barking because he heard the door open." Alyssa defended herself.

I let him out and he runs straight to the back door, indicating that he wanted out. "Yeah because you guys are all at the back door." I said walking back to the front door where I had dropped my bag earlier. "Come on guys, let's go dump our stuff in our room and find some food stashed up in here," I said guiding the crew to the bedroom Alyssa and I shared.

"Up in here" Greta added.

"Y'all gonna make me lose my mind-" Trinity followed realizing the song hidden behind my words until she was interrupted.

"Before this night is over" Alyssa grumbled, following the rest of us.

"Aww. You just had to mess up our song didn't you?" I say disappointedly making a sad face.

"Don't act like y'all didn't know this wasn't coming" she answers. "Alright"

"You know Tommy gonna trick his truck, jack it up big time," Greta jumps in.

"Lift kit, chrome tips, spit shinin' like a diamond." Trinity adds joining our team singing.

"Game changed and the rain came and we took it down a back road." I sing as they all look at me.

"Georgia clay mudhole, that's how us girls roll" Alyssa sings throwing her own twist on the lyrics.

"Now it's late night underneath the moonlight." Greta's next.

"Errybody's feelin' right, sippin' on a bud light." I sing smiling because its one of my favorite parts. Everybody smiles back as we sit on the bed.

"Go on drop yo' tailgate, turn up your radio." Trinity sings the next line.

"I'm a build a bonfire, you can make yourself at home" Alyssa sings. That line suits her, this is her house and I have already made myself at home a few years ago.

"Kick back, relax, you know we're just a bunch o' hillbillies" Greta and Trinity sing throwing a bit more of a country accent on it than they normally do.

"Tip back a cup a' Jack and throw your hands up with me." Alyssa and I duet and I throw my hands up with the lyrics.

"Hey, we might look a little crazy tonight, hey baby that's alright,

It's our backwoods, boondock roots, it's just what we do.

It's just what we do.

Hey, ain't no way to make this up, when it's runnin through your blood,

There ain't no hidin' the truth, it's just what we do.

It's just what we do..." We all chorus together and sing the rest of the song in little spurts.

"Food!!" I scream and run into the kitchen. They all followed me but they didn't show as much enthusiasm as me. Its funny how the only one of us who wasn't in drama or the theater arts shows the most enthusiasm. Weird, right? But then again, that's us. Weird. And we're proud of it!

"What y'all want to eat?" Lyssa asks.

"Food" Greta and Trinity say at the same time.

"Well, no duh. What kind?" she retorts.

"The kind that tis made by moi!" I answer for them.

They all just look at me. "Well, whatcha gonna fix, then?" Greta sasses me. "Cardboard pizza?"