Chpt 14: Something old and Something new

A month has passed since the discovery of Lanter and Annie but i barely spend time with them for my own personal reputation and self worth. You may hate me for still wanting to be an "IT" girl but i can't bring it upon myself to go back to being unwanted, unloved and lonely, so i made my decision.

Gena was kicked off the cheerleading squad and expelled from school for being the culprit to my picture masquarade and i was back with Tyler. I had to put my unexpressed feelings for Lanter aside and focus on my life as an "IT" girl. Reason being my rep and because being with my best friend's brother would be totally awkward.

I locked the front door to our house and hopped into Tyler's BMW waiting outside. I texted my mom that i was on my way to our school's big football match which Tyler was playing in and me and the girls were cheering for. My parents' divorce was finalised and my mom won full custody so my sister and i were living with her. Our dad moved to an apartment in Brooklyn and we took turns visiting him every other weekend. Sassy was there with him this weekend so it was just my mom and i.

Tyler and i pulled up in the school's parking lot and it took him about five minutes to get a parking. The place was jam packed for our school's biggest game ever. Our team, The Arrows was playing against The State Eagles from Thomason High for this year's football championship gold trophie and scholarship.

"There's our star player!" The coach shouted when Tyler and i walked into the gym.

"Sorry i took so long coach." Tyler replied.

"It's alright son, go to the locker room and get changed, the games starting in five."I gave Tyler his duffle bag and walked with him over to the boys' locker room. I wasn't allowed inside so i waited by the door for him. I checked my phone and realised that i had a text from Lanter. Him and Annie had just arrived and they were getting seated on the bleachers outside in the field.

"Alright i'll see you out on the field babe." Tyler said when he came out all dressed and ready to kick butt out there. He kissed me and went to join the rest of his team in the gym and i went out on the field to meet my squad.

"Hey Ash!" Tammy and Dani greeted me and the others smiled and waved. A group of guys sitting on the bleachers started whistling and blowing kisses at us. I knew we looked hot but that was just annoying. The Arrow Angels cheerleading squad uniform was a navel-breaking long sleeve, yellow and white top, with angel wings on the back and a super, kick ass, mini yellow and white pleated skirt and we wore white ribbons in our hair, decorated with silver glitter.

"One, two...three, four...five, six, seven, eight, five, six, seven, eight!" We shouted as we practised our foundation and routine before the game started.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, thank you for coming out tonight. Are you ready for the biggest game of your lives!?!" Our school's principle shouted over the microphone to the crowd in the bleachers. I looked up and noticed Tyler's parents and Sassy and my dad next to them. I was suprised to see my dad here. My sister probably begged him to come see me cheer.

Everyone in the crowd screamed and shouted in response to our principle. "Let's give it up for our very own football team The Arrows!" Tyler and the rest of the football team came bursting out through the banner at the entrance of the tunnel and gathered at the benches. Everyone shouted including me and the squad. "And introducing our opponents, The State Eagles from Thomason High School!" Their football team came rushing out from the tunnels on the other side of our school's field and waved and gathered at the benches on the opposite side of us. The game started immediately after both teams were in position.

After the first twenty minutes of the game, our team scored 15 and our visitors scored 17, the guys were doing great but we were two points behind and the coach was getting aggitated(typical football coach). He blew the whistle. "Alright guys bring it in!" They huddled and discussed their plans while the other team did the same and replaced any injured teammates.