Chpt 20: New Ashley [PART 1]

"You're glowing..." My mom said with the hugest smile on her face. She was leaning against the counter staring at me as i was making myself a quick snack.

"No i'm not, what are you talking about?"I said to her, trying to hide my blush.

"You are honey, it's all over your face right now. It's like a neon sign!"She laughed and patted me on the back. "It's that cute guy who brought you home isn't it?" She said, poking me in the cheek. "He's a real hottie, i like him." I couldn't hold my laughter in.

"Mom stoooop."

"What's his name again?...Lambert?"

"Mother, it's Lan-ter."I pronounced. My mom was a trip but i loved her to death.

"What did you guys do last night?"She asked, breaking the silence after ten seconds. At this point a bite of my sandwich was already in my mouth and the minute she asked that, i started coughing, almosting choking on the bread. She handed me a glass of water and when i recovered i glared at her in shock...speechless.

"A mother knows sweetheart. I just hope you were smart about it." And she walked away with that last statement, leaving me with my half eaten sandwich in awe. Now that i thought about it...we weren't; it happened so suddenly i didn't even think about that. I started panicking and i left my food on the counter and ran up to my room to check my calender. {Oh good, i'm not in green week yet} I let out a sigh of relief. No pregnancy for moi!

I wondered what it would be like to be pregnant for the guy i was in love with. I'm guessing beautiful but i was never ready for something that big to happen to me. Next time Lanter and i decide to get freaky, we had to take full precautions. Even if that were to happen, my mom would have my back. When Lanter brought me back home this morning he met my mom and they talked for a while and i could tell at that very moment that my mom loved him...probably even more than she loved douche bag Tyler.

My father was meeting with my mom in court today. She decided to file for full custody of my sister and i since our little mishap last night. Better safe than sorry and i didn't want to encounter that ever again in my life. A few minutes after my mom left, Lanter came back and took Sassy and i shopping with him and Annie. It was a great opportunity for Annie and I to re-bond again and for Sassy to get to know them both.

"I think you should go with the retros babe." Lanter said as i stood there staring at pairs of Jordans sneakers all over the shelves. They decided that i should fill my closet with some more casual stuff than classic "IT" girl.

"The grapes Ash, it's sick!" Sassy included.

"I don't know guys, i like the 23's too." I replied. Lanter put his hands in his pants pockets and shrugged his shoulders.

"Then get em both, no biggie." He said casually.

"Are you serious Lant?"

"It was my idea to take you shopping. Come on." He grabbed the pairs of shoes and took them to the cashier while we continued looking at some crop tops, jeans and T-shirts.

"Do you still like camo Annie?" I asked her with a gentle smile. She looked up and smiled back at me.

"Yeah but i barely wear them." She answered.

"Let's all buy a pair of camo pants then. It'll be so cool, right?" Sass suggested.

"Yeahhhhh. Let's find our sizes." I included. We started rummaging through the rack of camo clothing to find what suited us best. Annie pulled out a pair of long camo cargo pants in grey, Sassy took a pair of pink camo shorts and i found camo leggings in it's original colour.