Chpt 15: Lanter Donovan

Lanter's POV:

From the moment i first saw her i knew she was the one who had been invading my mind in my sleep, the raven black wavy, long hair with golden blonde ombres, those inviting brown eyes, adorable smile and that delicious, cotton candy scent...not to mention her super sexy, seductive walk. I wasn't expecting to meet her in person when i moved to the city of Yonkers to be in my sister's life but now that i have, i can't imagine being anywhere she wasn't.

It was amazing that Tyler won the game but man did i have to pee. On my way out the bathroom, i saw Ashley walking down the hall and my instincts reacted without my mind's permission. I grabbed her arm and swung her behind the wall near the staircase; me being my usual creepy self.

"What the heck!?" She shouted when i caught her off guard.

"Shhh, i didn't mean to scare you."I replied.

"What are you doing back here?" She asked softly, looking at me with a bit of suspicion.

"I went to take a leak. I should ask you the same question."

"I just thought you might've left cause i didn't see you up there."

"Leave without my sister?"I told her. Obviously i wouldn't dare to do that.

"Oh...right." She blushed. Her cheeks filling with that adorable pink flush she gets when i said something that pleased her.

I didn't want to make things awkward because of the position we were already in and also the fact that i didn't know what else to say to her. I let my feelings speak for themselves. "Can i ask you something?" My words were a whisper. She nodded at me and i continued my question. "How do you know when you love someone?" There it was, the question that i had always asked myself, the one that never really had an answer until you knew the feeling for sure.

It looked like Ashley was tongue tied herself and i stared at her, waiting for her to say something that will at least shake the silence. Her perfect pink lips parted, as if she was edging to say something, but before she could, i acted without thinking and took her face into my hands. Drawing closer, she closed her eyes and i took that as my cue to move in. I slowly collided my lips to hers and kissed her with as much passion as i felt. Her lips were like a missing puzzle piece to mine, it fit so perfectly, moving in unison as she kissed me back and i felt like it was just me and her left in the world. The girl of my dreams was literally in my hands.

The team came in and Ashley pulled away same time i did. "Fuck", i whispered under my breath but i was sure that Ashley heard me. She turned and walked toward her super star boyfriend Tyler. Things just got a bit more awkward and i didn't wanna wait for her like a little bitch so i left and went back to Annie. We hung out in the parking lot, me hoping that i'd see her again before the night ended and when her dad's car passed by, i saw her in the front seat. I smirked at her and she smiled back and bit her lower lip. I took that as her enjoying our little episode behind the wall in the gym and i suddenly felt hopeful that she would actually feel the same way about me as i did to her.

**********The next day**********

It's sunday. My dad and sister had already left for church but me being me, slept in until 12:45. I got up and dragged myself to the kitchen to get some breakfast, which was actually lunch but who cared. I stroked my ragged, dark, wild morning hair as i stuck my face in the refridgerator in search for food.

I wasn't always the church type but that doesn't mean that i don't believe in nor talk to God. I just prefered to stay home and not listen to old people "catch the power" all the time. I eat my "breakfast" and went to take a shower. When i was done freshing up, i dragged my wet ass to the living room to watch fast 6 on Demand. Yeah i was wet, i just wrap myself in my towel and sit there, let the natural air do the work of drying my skin. My damp hair fell in front of my face and i swiped it back with one hand, while the other hand flicked through to find the movie.

*vvvvvvvvv...vvvvvvvvvv...*I looked down at my phone vibrating on the coffee table. It was Ashley calling. Without a second thought i threw the remote on the sofa and snatched my phone up, answering the call.

"Hey." I answered, hiding my excitement.

"Hey Lanter, did i disturb you?" She asked, her voice sounding different to when we usually talked on the phone.

"Nah, just came out the shower."

"Oh....."she stayed silent on the other side of the phone, either thinking about something or not knowing what to say next.

"Ashley, you there?"I said softly, passing my hand through my damp hair.

"Yeah...sorry i was..."I spoke and cut her off.

"Look, about last night, i don't know what came over me but i felt like i needed to..."

"I need to see you!" She spat into the phone, throwing me off track.

"You do?"I asked, not knowing how to reply to her outburst.

"Yeah. Tonight?"She said quickly.

"Sounds good. When should i pick you up?"

"You don't have to. We're hanging at my house, we can watch a movie and just chill you know."

My heart started racing at the thought of hanging out at Ashley's house with her, considering i didn't know where i stood after we made out near the boys' toilet at our school's big game.

"That's cool. Can't wait." I said, keeping my cool.

"Me neither. See you tonight." It sounded like she smiled at her last words and then she hung up. I threw my phone on the coach and headed up to my room to get some clothes on. I sat on my bed and instantly started remembering my last relationship, one that didn't end so well.

Her name was Jessica. She was everything to me and i thought that i was the same to her, until reality hit me. My dad had gotten into some trouble and some friends and i decided to help him out. One night we drove down to town and met the guy my dad had trouble with. Things took a turn for the worst and i ended up shooting the guy, causing me to get arrested when the police showed up at my house and well i instantly developed this "rebelious" rep at my school and everyone was afraid of me...including Jessica. She lost all her trust in me and became afraid that i would hit her or hurt her in any way. There was nothing i could do to make her think otherwise because she started getting real close to one of my ex best friends and left me all alone, to rut and suffer. That's how i remained for the rest of my life; the only person i ever cared for or even gave a fuck about was my dad and Annie...that was, until i started dreaming this beautiful stranger and eventually bumped into her.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

___________ 

♡Risa♡

Heeeeyo, hope you lovelies enjoyed this quick little chapter, getting into Lanter's head and finally knowing what else led up to his isolated personality besides being given away by his mom when he was just a few months old.

He's really a very sweet guy down inside and you all will be revealed to that very shortly. Anyway, get ready for some Ashley-Lanter fun fuuuun! (HEADS UP: things are about to get verrrrry freaky and detailed with all the sexual contents, so if you aren't used to reading that stuff or it makes you uncomfortable, i recommend that you don't read it okay :) and please don't report!!!)

See you guys soon.

PEACE&LOVE ♥