Chpt 19: Daddy's Mishap

I was in the living room flipping through the TV channels when my dad walked out onto the porch. The weekend was here again and it was my turn to spend time with him at his apartment. I loved my parents but going back and forth all the time was starting to tire me out and because my dad lived about two hours away from my city and i couldn't hang out with my friends nor my boyfriend anytime i wanted.

On the topic of boyfriends, Lanter and i were officially dating but the only person who knew about it, obvi, was Daniel. I never really felt that close to Tammy so it felt weird to tell her about him and also, i was sorta afraid that she might look at me different for dating outside our circle. The guys Ethan and Xavier didn't know shit and neither did the rest of the "IT" crew...especially not Chloe Déjavio; the top dawg, the first popular girl of our school and the one who started the whole "IT" thing in the first place. They all didn't suspect any traitor-ism from me...and i planned on keeping it that way.

"Hey handsome." I said enthusiastically as i answered Lanter's call.

"Hey beautiful. What you up to?"

"Nothing at all, my day's been wasted."

"I wouldn't say that just yet." He laughed.

"What, why?"

"Cuz' the day isn't over and you haven't had Lanter time yet." I laughed at his analogy and bit my finger in excitement. "I'm comin to get you okay, wear sumn that'll turn me on." I could hear a smirk behind his tone.

"Your wish is my command you're highness" I giggled and hung up. He was already on his way so i ran upstairs to take a quick shower and find an apealing outfit to wear. After fifteen minutes of searching through my clothes i packed, i found a short, tight fitted red dress that held my little body and small curves well. It was thick-strapped with a sleak black zipper going all the way down the back of the dress and i topped it off with some Chanel black pumps, gold hoops and my hair in a high curly ponytail and red lipstick. {hope i'm not overdressed.}

I did one last full body check in the bathroom mirror and grabbed my phone to head down the hall. Lanter texted that he was outside so i told my dad i was leaving and ran out the door and to the ground floor. I was so happy to see the guy of my dreams here, hours away from home, that i jumped into his strong arms and he spun me around. We laughed and he planted a soft kiss on my freshly red lips and like a sweet gentleman, opened the passenger side door for me.

"Where do you think you're going Ashley?" I heard my dad ask strictly behind me, standing in the parking lot of the apartment building.

"I'm going out dad, what's wrong with that?" I said to him.

" Everything is wrong with that. You didn't ask to leave, you're dressed inappropriately AND i have no idea who this guy is or where he's taking you!"

I looked at my father with shock and he glared at me with disgust in his eyes. What the hell is actually happening right now??

"Since when do you even care what i do? You never acted like this when you were at home and i was with Tyler!" I felt Lanter shift uncomfortably behind me and i felt bad that he had to be here in this awkward situation. My dad raised both hands to his hips and stepped closer to me.

"Sir, i apologise if i caused..."

"Shut up!" My dad yelled at Lanter and cut him off.

"Don't talk to him like that, are you insane!?" I shouted.

"Ashley get back inside right now.", "And you...i want you outta here and don't let me catch you near my daughter again!" Lanter nodded at him and shot me a apologetic look before turning around and getting back into his car. I quickly ran back inside and into the elevator headed up to my dad's room. I ran into the room i was staying in and slammed the door shut, not too long after, he was knocking really hard at the door and yelling at me.