Chapter 25, Some Plan

Chapter 25

After my last day recovering from the numerous stings that asshole Joe had given me zapping the crap out of me, I was allowed to go outside for some exercise, believe it or not.

Walking around in the courtyard, what did the moron think I was going to do, try to climb a fence that was four times the size of me?

I was surprised to feel a hand rest on my shoulder as I stared out at the open paddocks this place was situated on.  ‘Guess who’?

Well I guess I did want to see Hunter; I wanted to hear more about his escape plan and so on; ‘Hunter, the jackass that’s never heard of personal space’.

I felt as his hands grasped my shoulders and spun me around, ‘that’s no way to greet your best friend’!

Hissing, I think Hunter got the message I wasn’t in the mood for mucking around.  ‘So Princess, just listen for a minute.  The gate by the building will be your way out; from there you will need to find your own way out of this place’.

Looking at Hunter strangely, I watched as only one man patrolled that gate and he seemed a little drowsy when it came to staying alert.  Hunter continued before I could butt in on his conversation, ‘once out, you’ll have to find an old doctor that goes by Peatry that used to work here; I cannot tell you where he lives so just ask around when you get to an information centre or post office.  You have to make sure that tracker is disconnected within five hours of getting out otherwise you won’t get away’.

Hunter was quick to give me a good punch in the chest before walking off back towards the building.  ‘Hunter, you pig!  You say all that then leave what the hell is your problem’!

Hunter smirked walking faster back to the main building, ‘wait for my signal then you can have your fun’.  Whatever happened to here’s the plan, how should we execute it?

I was now expected to follow orders from the one guy I despised almost as much as Mrs Kingsmen.  He waddled as he walked back, making sure to emphasis his control over me right now.  I noticed as he stopped just outside the door, leaning over to talk to my watchers.

What was this guy up to?

Standing there, staring at the guy who was supposed to be helping me, suddenly he yelled out to me, signalling me to come over, ‘hey Princess; Steve wants to ask you a question, come here’!

If Hunter really thought I was going to come as if I was some dog on a lead, he had another thing coming; ‘Hunter, just leave me alone’!

Stomping my foot, I could see Hunter’s smirk from here as I noticed the man guarding the gate walked inside for a second.  My gut feeling was telling me something was supposed to happen right now, so being the stubborn legs I had.  I was soon walking over in Hunter’s direction, watching as Steve trotted off over to the gate.

‘That wasn’t so hard, now was it Princess’?

A weird buzz I had never heard before sounded at the gate I saw Steve was standing at as I saw the gate fly open showing me freedom.  My stare was now gazed upon the gate and what was happening as I felt Hunter whisper in my ear; ‘now’s your chance, you have thirty seconds before that guy comes back and finds you’re gone; make it count’.

My heart was pounding frantically seeing I actually had a path to freedom staring me in the face.  Hunter gave me a hard push, breaking me out of my gaze as I bolted forward towards the gate.

Slowing as I passed Steve, he barely seemed fazed about what he was doing right now, tipping his imaginary hat to me as I ran out the gate. 

Was this seriously happening right now, this felt so much like a dream as if only yesterday Hunter had said he’d help me escape?  But wait he had so this whole thing was messed up!